• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF Convention

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Beefman said:
Sandhusker said:
Failed organization? :lol: :lol: :lol: Membership is growing leaps and bounds - more than doubling the last couple of years and you term it a "failed organization"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

R-CALF has put no pressure on any business here to join. What are you smoking today, Agman? You're suffering from the same illness SH has where you can't seperate reality from what you want reality to be. :lol:

Sandhusker; you really should attend the NCBA convention in Denver. Feb 1-3 at the Denver Convention Center. Probably be 6K plus in attendance. Even though your analysis shows 4:1 in favor of rcalf, don't be be surprised at how many Cherry county producers will be there. It'll be a good place for you to network business, and go home with some thought provoking, useful information. Plus, all the feedlots that feed those Cherry county calves will be there in force. You'll impress the local folks you had the good sense to attend.

Actually, I'd like to go to both R-CALF's and NCBA's. If I was really wanting to network I'd do that, although I'm sure there are more cost effective ways to network locally - maybe just not quite as fun as 3 days in Denver. I don't see NCBA as the enemy or totally wrong or corrupt or any of that nonsense. I just truly feel it is impossible to represent producers, feeders, packers and retailers at the same time and I think R-CALF does a much better job of representing producer interests. I think NCBA does a rather poor job of working for ranchers, even to the point of jeopardizing them. Producers butter my bread and I have a vested interest in their viability. I've also got a handful of cows myself, so I can count myself as a producer. I don't agree with everything R-CALF says and does, but I do 95% of it.

How's that for a speech?

Sandhusker said:
Failed organization? :lol: :lol: :lol: Membership is growing leaps and bounds - more than doubling the last couple of years and you term it a "failed organization"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

R-CALF has put no pressure on any business here to join. What are you smoking today, Agman? You're suffering from the same illness SH has where you can't seperate reality from what you want reality to be. :lol:

How much is it growing now?

I can assure you, in all due respect, that I know more businesses and bankers in this country than you do and pressure is not uncommon from R-Calf. I don't smoke at all for your information. If you were in touch with reality and not bogus claims and demagoguery you would not waste a dime or any of your time on R-Calf.

Your best interests and that of your customers are served by truthful dissemination of facts, not demagoguery which is the MO of R-Calf.

I wouldn't cross the street to attend an R-CALF blamer's convention but I might try to make the NCBA convention and listen to the progressive side of the industry.

~SH~

Sandhusker said:
Beefman said:
Sandhusker said:

Sandhusker; you really should attend the NCBA convention in Denver. Feb 1-3 at the Denver Convention Center. Probably be 6K plus in attendance. Even though your analysis shows 4:1 in favor of rcalf, don't be be surprised at how many Cherry county producers will be there. It'll be a good place for you to network business, and go home with some thought provoking, useful information. Plus, all the feedlots that feed those Cherry county calves will be there in force. You'll impress the local folks you had the good sense to attend.

Actually, I'd like to go to both R-CALF's and NCBA's. If I was really wanting to network I'd do that, although I'm sure there are more cost effective ways to network locally - maybe just not quite as fun as 3 days in Denver. I don't see NCBA as the enemy or totally wrong or corrupt or any of that nonsense. I just truly feel it is impossible to represent producers, feeders, packers and retailers at the same time and I think R-CALF does a much better job of representing producer interests. I think NCBA does a rather poor job of working for ranchers, even to the point of jeopardizing them. Producers butter my bread and I have a vested interest in their viability. I've also got a handful of cows myself, so I can count myself as a producer. I don't agree with everything R-CALF says and does, but I do 95% of it.

How's that for a speech?[/quote

It's nice you don't really believe all that nonsense spouted against NCBA. Now, if only you knew or recognized the fact that NCBA does NOT represent other segments of the beef industry. They have their own professional organizations. Attending NCBA conventions gives them access to a large number of customers all in one location. Talking to them, inviting them to our meetings, listening to them, allowing them to listen to cattle producers, talking them into using some of their money by partnering to make some of the Beef Checkoff projects do more than could be achieved only with checkoff $$$ DOES NOT "jeopardize" the cattle producer. Maybe you could learn something by attending a convention, but not unless you do so with willingness to drop your opinions formed on mis-information at the door.

MRJ

agman said:
Sandhusker said:

I can assure you, in all due respect, that I know more businesses and bankers in this country than you do and pressure is not uncommon from R-Calf. I don't smoke at all for your information. If you were in touch with reality and not bogus claims and demagoguery you would not waste a dime or any of your time on R-Calf.

Your best interests and that of your customers are served by truthful dissemination of facts, not demagoguery which is the MO of R-Calf.

Agman, I notice a little silence over on our topic. The silence is deafening.

MRJ, "It's nice you don't really believe all that nonsense spouted against NCBA. Now, if only you knew or recognized the fact that NCBA does NOT represent other segments of the beef industry."

MRJ, please don't try to tell me that NCBA does not represent the other segments. Their record says otherwise.

I left this country and went to Lincoln and Omaha for 15 years and sort of lost track with the beef and cattle industries. When I came back, I got back into the swing of things and began paying attention. I was totally unbiased between R-CALF and NCBA and only formed my opinions about the two of them during the course of a couple of years. Nobody pushed me either way, I just watched, read, and paid attention.

Sandbag, you were a blamer that picked blame over truth. Now you have to duck, dodge, and divert to avoid backing your position with factual data. You're a typical blamer and that's why you joined R-CULT.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandbag, you were a blamer that picked blame over truth. Now you have to duck, dodge, and divert to avoid backing your position with factual data. You're a typical blamer and that's why you joined R-CULT.

~SH~

SH, you are so funny.

I'm sure everything appears funny from your padded cell. I'm surprised they give you computer privelages.

~SH~

~SH~ said:

~SH~

Your opinion is greatly appreciated. Thank you very little.

Econ101 said:
agman said:
Sandhusker said:

I note you are stll twisting and unable to support your claims. I have better things to do than waste my time with a total fool and blatant liar such as yourself.

agman said:
Econ101 said:
agman said:

I note you are stll twisting and unable to support your claims. I have better things to do than waste my time with a total fool and blatant liar such as yourself.

Liar about what, Agman? Do you have issues? Send your little SH over to help you out. Unable to support my claims? Question me again.

You've never backed any claim you have ever made. All you do is divert to a statement. Typical of the factually void idiot you are.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
You've never backed any claim you have ever made. All you do is divert to a statement. Typical of the factually void idiot you are.

~SH~

Is this supposed to be your definition of lying????????

OCM: "Is this supposed to be your definition of lying????????"

Hardly, I was simply responding to a liar.

What's OCM's latest captive supply numbers? 80%? LOL!

Perhaps you might want to let Bill Bullard know that captive supply levels are now over 40% and we can expect the market to crash at any minute. LOL!

What I wouldn't give to get you guys all together and make you justify some of your ridiculous statements in front of your head nodding followers.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
OCM: "Is this supposed to be your definition of lying????????"

Hardly, I was simply responding to a liar.

What's OCM's latest captive supply numbers? 80%? LOL!

Perhaps you might want to let Bill Bullard know that captive supply levels are now over 40% and we can expect the market to crash at any minute. LOL!

What I wouldn't give to get you guys all together and make you justify some of your ridiculous statements in front of your head nodding followers.

~SH~

SH, You keep missing this very, very important point: Captive supply is an ingredient for market manipulation. It is not necessarily market manipulation. Can you understand that point?

Conman: "SH, You keep missing this very, very important point: Captive supply is an ingredient for market manipulation. It is not necessarily market manipulation. Can you understand that point?"

Conman, you keep missing this very very important point. If you have no proof of market manipulation or proof of what factors contribute to market manipulation, YOU HAVE NOTHING! In other words, YOU HAVE NOTHING!

OCM: "Documentation, please!"

Ask John Lockie for documentation, he's the one who said captive supplies were over 80%. Ask Bullard for documentation, he was the one that pulled the 40% figure out of his ars.

POLICE YOUR OWN RANKS!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "SH, You keep missing this very, very important point: Captive supply is an ingredient for market manipulation. It is not necessarily market manipulation. Can you understand that point?"

Conman, you keep missing this very very important point. If you have no proof of market manipulation or proof of what factors contribute to market manipulation, YOU HAVE NOTHING! In other words, YOU HAVE NOTHING!

OCM: "Documentation, please!"

Ask John Lockie for documentation, he's the one who said captive supplies were over 80%. Ask Bullard for documentation, he was the one that pulled the 40% figure out of his ars.

POLICE YOUR OWN RANKS!

~SH~

No, but the plaintiffs in the Pickett case did. That is why the judge allowed a trial and all the money to be spent on it. A jury of 12 decided what they decided and you nor the judge nor the appellate judges have provided any evidence to the contrary. Just opinions. That and $1.19 will get you a coke but you will still have to pay tax on it. Nothing else.

The judge and the 11th circuit stated that there was no violation of the PSA in Pickett vs. ibp according to the laws. They cited similar cases that reached the same conclusion. Pickett offered no proof of market manipulation. What they did is convince a jury that a difference between the cash price and the formula price was proof of market manipulation. I have proved this falacy to be false and the the Judge and the 11th circuit also found the jury's logic to be flawed. No greater proof was presented than the disparity in the damage figures that nobody could explain. The case was a joke and the right decision was made.

You have offered nothing to the contrary nor will you because proof of market manipulation never existed.

~SH~

Latest posts