• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF & NCBA face-off in Iowa

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tommy

Reaction score
R-CALF & NCBA face-off in Iowa

BEEF INDUSTRY ISSUES FORUM TO BE HELD IN SPENCER, IOWA

September 8, 2005

R-CALF USA CEO Bill Bullard will debate Gregg Doud, NCBA chief economist, at 3 p.m. CDT on Wednesday, Sept. 14, in the Events Center Ballroom at the Clay County Fairgrounds in Spencer, Iowa. The debate is titled "Beef Industry Issues Forum" and will last approximately 90 minutes.

Dan Skelton, KICD radio farm director, will be the moderator. Questions for the forum may be written on postcards and submitted at the KICD radio booth during the fair or at the forum.

On March 2, the court granted R-CALF USA's request for a preliminary injunction that halted implementation of the agency's Final Rule, which was scheduled to take effect on March 7. On March 3, the U.S. Senate voted 52-46 in favor of overturning USDA's Final Rule to reopen the Canadian border.

On July 14, an order issued by a three-judge panel for the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals reopened the Canadian border to live cattle and additional beef products, which began arriving in the U.S. on Monday, July 18. R-CALF USA could file an appeal.

agdayta.com

Sounds like a typical Question and Statement forum. If it was a true debate where the panelists were forced to answer the questions or admit they didn't know the answer, it would be worth the drive.

I would love to hammer Bullard on "M"COOL, the impact of Canadian imports, or Pickett but he'd just divert the questions and make a statement the same way Sandman and Kindergarten Economics do here.

Been there, done that!

I did have the opportunity once to call in twice and ask the same question only to get a different statement the second time. That was worth my time.

~SH~

Latest posts