• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF show on RFID

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker

Reaction score
I watched the show tonight. I didn't pick up on any lies, but I'm sure some of you can point a few out for me :shock:

Sandhusker said:
I watched the show tonight. I didn't pick up on any lies, but I'm sure some of you can point a few out for me :shock:

Sandhusker why did Leo say their wasn't any R-CALF supporter that bought Canadian cattle tonight when the AZ man asked him if the stories were true? when just in OCT 2004 he answered this to Clint Peck of Beef Magazine on Beef Chat -Leo McDonnell quote off Beef mag.com

BEEF: It's been alleged some R-CALF members have taken advantage of Canada's depressed cattle market by buying Canadian feeder calves. Doesn't this fly in the face of an organization that's been so vehemently critical of the Canadian cattle industry?

McDonnell: We have nothing against the Canadian cattle industry. However, we do have some real concerns with subsidy and dumping violations going on up there. Do some of our 11,500 members own cattle in Canada? Yes, but that's an old story. I don't see the problem.

What doesn't get reported is that three of the four people I know who own feeder cattle in Canada contributed in five figures to the injunction limiting beef and cattle imports from Canada. These are men who have historically fed cattle in Canada. They did not want to see the U.S. lower its import standards below international levels.

Those guys are my heroes. Yet, they're being persecuted. They not only took a financial beating, they contributed to the injunction knowing they'd take a beating for the betterment of our industry.

What's interesting is that no one talks about the folks who jumped in last spring and bought cattle up there hoping NCBA and USDA would succeed in lowering the standards and opening the border so they could make a windfall profit. Those are the bad people. They were the ones trying to benefit from the corruption of our import standards — and many of them are NCBA members.

Now tonight he said no R-CALF supporters owned cattle and He didn't see why any one would go to Canada and buy Cattle. He had a bit different message about the guys that he said bought Canadian feeders to night and it wasn't that they were his heros.

When is it a crime to own cattle in Canada? It is a stretch when you can't keep your stories straight! :roll: I will watch the re-run today. I was told the questions were screened and probably pre-recorded. When will the President and CEO of R-Calf and NCBA debate????? That is the real deal!!!

McDonnell: We have nothing against the Canadian cattle industry. However, we do have some real concerns with subsidy and dumping violations going on up there. Do some of our 11,500 members own cattle in Canada? Yes, but that's an old story. I don't see the problem

"I watched the show tonight. I didn't pick up on any lies, but I'm sure some of you can point a few out for me "

Sandhusker..............you either did not watch the same show or you need a hearing AID!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on.....talk about having your head in the SAND!!! The Emerge show the other night was the blue collar comedy tour....now we have the R-Calf version. As far as the Emerge show about 2 or 3 panel members had an some idea of what is going on. At least R-Calf did not hire that clown Max Armstrong to moderate it....I will give them credit for that.

CattleCo said:
When is it a crime to own cattle in Canada? It is a stretch when you can't keep your stories straight! :roll: I will watch the re-run today. I was told the questions were screened and probably pre-recorded. When will the President and CEO of R-Calf and NCBA debate????? That is the real deal!!!

McDonnell: We have nothing against the Canadian cattle industry. However, we do have some real concerns with subsidy and dumping violations going on up there. Do some of our 11,500 members own cattle in Canada? Yes, but that's an old story. I don't see the problem

The questions were pre-recorded? :lol: :lol: How do you explain the caller from Iowa who's call was filled with electronic howling? Come on. :roll:

Tam which tv channel is this show on up here in canada? And when is the rerun?

I don't know Les you would have to ask Star Choice if they handle RFD-TV but it reruns at 11 this morning

I just rewatched the statement Leo made about R-CALF supporters in Canada buying cattle he said we don't have R-CALF members in Canada buying cattle and those people that when last spring and bought cattle for the first time were disgusting to him. Because all they were doing is trying to make a windfall profit when the border openned. First the ones he was disgusted with were not the ones telling US consumers that Canadian beef was tainted and unsafe for human consumption and maybe they were in Canada to prove they believe Canadian cattle are as safe as the US cattle they own at home in the US.
And I had to laugh when Bullard said we aren't sensationalizing the health risk. Just what have they been doing with their Call to actions and their press conferences with consumer groups :wink: and statements like ALL Canadian beef is tainted and we should not be importing any beef from Canada as US consumer would be subjested to both a greater and unneccassary risk of contracting and dying of vCJD. I can only listen for a little while as I'm not that tall and I have to stay on top the pile of crap they are pitching. :x
Oh the another thing why is it so bad for the US packing industry to bring in the economic cost the border closure has cost them but it is OK for R-CALF to use the economic hurt the US producer will feel when the border opens to live cattle to keep the border closed? :???:
And does R-CALF really want the export markets to reopen when they are threatening the boxed beef coming in from Canada. Do they not realize that the deal with their largest export market they have reopenned to date, Mexico, is a deal that states "we will only take what you are taking from Canada. " If the US stops taking Canadian boxed beef doesn't that mean they have just reclosed the Mexican export market. Way to go R-CALF one less export market. :lol:

Latest posts