• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R-CALF USA to Make Second Appearance on RFD-TV

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
R-CALF USA to Make Second Appearance on RFD-TV

(Billings, Mont.) – R-CALF USA will make its second appearance on RFD-TV during a one-hour simulcast at 8 p.m. EDT on Monday, May 2nd, at the RFD-TV studios in Nashville, Tenn. The live call-in show will be rebroadcast at 4 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 3rd, and again at noon EDT on Tuesday, May 3rd.

RFD-TV is a network serving the interests of rural viewers, and its programs offer viewers the opportunity to listen to in-depth discussions on hot issues with leaders from various organizations in the agriculture industry. RFD-TV is broadcast via satellite. On the DISH Network, viewers can watch the program on Channel 9409, and on DIRECTV, viewers can tune in to Channel 379 to catch the show.

The first half hour of "R-CALF USA Live!" will feature discussion of the organization's positions on various issues important to independent U.S. cattle producers. During the second half of the show, R-CALF USA invites viewers to call in and ask questions. The toll-free call-in number will not be announced to viewers until airtime on Monday.

Speaking on behalf of the organization will be R-CALF USA President and Founder Leo McDonnell; Chuck Kiker, R-CALF USA director for Region V; and, R-CALF USA CEO Bill Bullard. Hosting the program is Shae Dodson, R-CALF USA communications coordinator.

"We plan to address issues critical to the U.S. cattle industry right now, like our litigation with USDA regarding its Final Rule on bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE, and how it relates to the Canadian border situation, Mandatory Country-of-Origin Labeling (COOL), as well as our concerns with various free trade agreements," McDonnell said.

Kiker testified on behalf of R-CALF USA at the House Agriculture Committee's March 1st hearing on the Canadian border situation.

"We'd like to set the record straight on what our concerns are when it comes to dealing with countries affected by BSE," Kiker said. "The U.S. is simply not going to be able to reopen our export markets if we start taking meat from countries affected by BSE. No other country wants to lower its import standards in order to trade with the United States."

Bullard said, "This show will be a great opportunity for cattle producers to learn how they can have a positive influence in shaping the future of their industry, and we look forward to answering questions from the viewers."

R-CALF USA members who would like to purchase a VHS or DVD copy of the program can e-mail Dodson for more information.

# # #

R-CALF USA (Ranchers-Cattlemen Action Legal Fund, United Stockgrowers of America) represents thousands of U.S. cattle producers on domestic and international trade and marketing issues. R-CALF USA, a national, non-profit organization, is dedicated to ensuring the continued profitability and viability of the U.S. cattle industry. R-CALF USA's membership consists primarily of cow-calf operators, cattle backgrounders, and feedlot owners. Its members – over 14,000 strong – are located in 46 states, and the organization has over 60 local and state association affiliates, from both cattle and farm organizations. Various main street businesses are associate members of R-CALF USA. For more information, visit www.r-calfusa.com or, call 406-252-2516.

"We plan to address issues critical to the U.S. cattle industry right now, like our litigation with USDA regarding its Final Rule on bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or BSE, and how it relates to the Canadian border situation, Mandatory Country-of-Origin Labeling (COOL), as well as our concerns with various free trade agreements," McDonnell said

"We'd like to set the record straight on what our concerns are when it comes to dealing with countries affected by BSE," Kiker said. "The U.S. is simply not going to be able to reopen our export markets if we start taking meat from countries affected by BSE. No other country wants to lower its import standards in order to trade with the United States."

I wonder also if R-calf would be so kind as to respond to this:

In the attached article link, http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20050404-00000054-jij-bus_all, the Japanese Yahoo newswire says that Secretary Johans at a press conference stated that the United States would accept Japanese beef (Kobe Beef) that conforms to the North American trade rule agreed upon by the U.S., Canada and Mexico. This is great news for the U.S. It would be the first step that must happen in order for trade to resume with Japan per the JS-Japan joint release last October. See the excerpt from the letter below

WE WILL HAVE A TOLL FREE PHONE #,ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU WANT.................good luck

Don't have to "dream" up a question, R-calf has raised enough to take up hours of TV and Radio time! Talk to you then!

You have plenty of time to "dream" up answers!

Murgen,

Do you really think they will get any viewers except for the washed up ranchers we know as OT,RANCHER,and HAT? Heard hat was making extra money for his hobby farm by doing videos with sheep!

Manitoba, we should all call in, block the phone lines, ask questions they only have answers that are lies to answer to. Expose them for what they are! I hope there are peolpe on the call lines that know something about trade and food safety, can't wait to hear the answers from Haymaker,

"mmmm, captive supplies are bad, sanctions good, me Fred you Barney!

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Murgen,

Do you really think they will get any viewers except for the washed up ranchers we know as OT,RANCHER,and HAT? Heard hat was making extra money for his hobby farm by doing videos with sheep!

oh thats baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd

MR- you may think I am a washed up rancher :D

You don't know me, so guess you are a liar besides a foul mouthed person who needs to talk trash to feel like a man. This site used to be interesting to check out, now it is a Canadian trash site. Hope all the Canadians are not like you.

Rancher- Guess I ve made my point! See how it hurts when someone isnt telling the truth** This is how R-calf makes Canadian ranchers feel***! And the way you say you hope all canadians arent like me. well we say that about R-calf and its members we sure hope all americans arent like them!

By the way i know your not a washout and OT isnt either I was only concentrating on Hat but I guess I must of been real tired last night when I posted it.

rancher said:
MR- you may think I am a washed up rancher :D

You don't know me, so guess you are a liar besides a foul mouthed person who needs to talk trash to feel like a man. This site used to be interesting to check out, now it is a Canadian trash site. Hope all the Canadians are not like you.

Trash is trash and that's about it. Was checking out the radar rancher, by God, hope your getting some rain over your way. Looks like OT's area was getting some, hope Jake is greening up. They're talking about thunderstorms here, in the 70s with a strong south wind.

Maybe broke some rules talking about weather here, but what the heck! :)

Tom S, I have .3ths and 60 mph wind. It did try and make a puddle or two. I think Oldtimer is getting it, he just is too nice to brag about it. But at least I know where to go to buy hay if I can make it that long. Real Jake is probably out fishing and gave up on the ranching business, either that or he is out playing in the mud. Hope it rains all over and the grass grows for you all.

Latest posts