• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

R CALF WORKING FOR THE CATTLE MAN

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
R-CALF United Stockgrowers of America

February 22, 2005
For Immediate Release
Contact: Shae Dodson, Communications Coordinator 406.672.8969

Email: [email protected]

Motley, MN Sale Raises $12,000 for R-CALF USA Litigation Fund

Billings, MT ~ On Friday, February 18, Tri County Auction Market in Motley, MN raised $12,000 for R-CALF USA by auctioning off four donated calves. Auction market owners/operators and sale hosts Wayne Hoffman and Joe Varner said, "R-CALF USA is doing a great job representing the U.S. cattle industry. We wanted to give producers in this area an opportunity to support the effort."

Les and Mary Bell, Motley, MN donated a commercial replacement heifer for the sale saying, "Last year we sold heifers for $1200. We figure if we don't raise money for R-CALF USA, we won't get to sell them for that again."

Mike Kasten, Motley, MN donated a Charolais calf for the auction saying, "Any cattleman worth his salt would donate a calf to R-CALF USA. Because of this organization we have a great market. One calf is one percent of my calf crop. I can afford to give one percent of my calf crop away for a better price for the rest of them." In addition to donating the calf, Kasten wrote a check to R-CALF USA for an additional $250.

Roy Bell of Leader, MN also donated a calf. Bell and Jerry Swartz, R-CALF's Region VII director from Minnesota, were involved in a friendly competition prior to the sale. Swartz contacted every business in Henning, MN and received sale support from each one. Bell said he, in turn, contacted every business in Leader, MN and received support from all the businesses there. "Never mind that Leader is a much smaller town than Henning. I wasn't going to let Jerry Swartz out gun the rest of us. I'm proud to say that the entire town of Leader got behind this sale," said Bell.

The Flying W Ranch, owned by Danny Wiese donated a calf that sold multiple times during the rollover auction. "I went to Denver to the R-CALF USA convention. I never felt as good as I have about the future of the cattle business. These are good people and I'm glad to support R-CALF USA," said Weise.

Pine River State Bank was the final bidder on Weise's calf at $1000. Bank officials present at the sale said they intend to donate it for use in the local 4-H program.

R-CALF members involved in helping organize the sale were Danni Beer, R-CALF USA COOL Committee Chairman and Jerry Swartz, R-CALF USA Region VII director from Minnesota. "The enthusiasm for R-CALF continues to grow. Throughout Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota cattle producers have all expressed a growing appreciation of the R-CALF USA organization. They realize this organization is working for them," noted Beer.

# # #

R-CALF USA (Ranchers-Cattlemen Action Legal Fund, United Stockgrowers of America) represents thousands of U.S. cattle producers on domestic and international trade and marketing issues. R-CALF USA, a national, non-profit organization, is dedicated to ensuring the continued profitability and viability of the U.S. cattle industry. R-CALF USA's membership consists primarily of cow-calf operators, cattle backgrounders, and feedlot owners. Its members – over 12,000 strong – are located in 44 states, and the organization has over 55 local and state association affiliates, from both cattle and farm organizations. Various main street businesses are associate members of R-CALF USA. For more information, visit www.r-calfusa.com or, call 406-252-2516.

Big Muddy rancher said:

Big Muddy- you gotta watch all that smoking you're doing- you've went thru a pack already today.... :lol:

Click on my website and see the new picture of the grandson my wife stuck on when she was updating the colts pictures today-- thats the reason I can't go north- he'd have the mounties after us for sure....I tried to post it on here- but can't figure it all out yet--- But he was sure proud of the new suspenders he got for his 4th birthday a couple weeks ago.....Now he can be like grandpa...

I think R-calf has learned the ways of that crooked preacher Jimmy Swaggert! The way he used to squander $$$ $out of peoples wallets!

Leader MN population about 10,1 bar,1 gas station,1,2 room motel all owned by the same man.

BMR- I have proudly donated to R-CALF at several auctions. Don't regret one penny spent. They speak for the roots of the cattle industry.

I am embarrassed to admit that I once belonged to R-CALf and donated to them. The fact that I believed their lies and supported them financially will haunt me the rest of my life.

To think that I contributed to an organization that will risk the integrity of our Beef supply by standing with anti beef organizations suggesting that SRM removal does not assure beef safety ("Canadian beef is contaminated" - Lie) and claiming that USDA does not care about food safety.

Turns my stomach.

The end (keeping the Canadian border closed) justifies the means (lying about the value of SRM removal, increased surveilance, and removing positives from the food chain)

R-calf is pathetic!

~SH~

Anonymous said:
BMR- I have proudly donated to R-CALF at several auctions. Don't regret one penny spent. They speak for the roots of the cattle industry.

Guest can't be to PROUD of donating to R-CALF as he can't even put down a name. I am sure if the likes of Pat Goggins and Lloyd DeBrucker are the grass roots of the US cattleman then their is a whole lot that are just dirt. :cowboy:

BMR...are the grass roots of the US cattleman then their is a whole lot that are just dirt.

And you give Nebrusker a hard time for spreading hate. The R-CALF members I know are honest hard working cattlemen that are fed up with the way things have been going. They rightly feel that it is the only organization that is speaking only for them.
That wacky weed you are smoking is getting to you I think.

R-calf is good at spreading lies and deception. I think if things turn ugly for them in the beef business when the US finds there first case of homegrown BSE, they can always go write for the NATIONAL INQUIRIER-(lies and deception always draws readers)

~SH~ said:
I am embarrassed to admit that I once belonged to R-CALf and donated to them. The fact that I believed their lies and supported them financially will haunt me the rest of my life.

To think that I contributed to an organization that will risk the integrity of our Beef supply by standing with anti beef organizations suggesting that SRM removal does not assure beef safety ("Canadian beef is contaminated" - Lie) and claiming that USDA does not care about food safety.

Turns my stomach.

The end (keeping the Canadian border closed) justifies the means (lying about the value of SRM removal, increased surveilance, and removing positives from the food chain)

Hey ~SH~ I am one up on you I never sent them a dime and dont intend to after studying them for a while.

R-calf is pathetic!

~SH~

Tommy said:
BMR...are the grass roots of the US cattleman then their is a whole lot that are just dirt.

And you give Nebrusker a hard time for spreading hate. The R-CALF members I know are honest hard working cattlemen that are fed up with the way things have been going. They rightly feel that it is the only organization that is speaking only for them.
That wacky weed you are smoking is getting to you I think.

Tommy you could have used all my quote. That would have told a truer picture. I belong to a cattle org. that has all size of operators that are members and operators of every size that sit on the board. We also eclect a president every year and and a new one every 2 years. we have members that don't own cattle but they are affiliates and don't vote on the issuses that affect us.

Tommy why doesn't R-CALF have elections are the ELITESTS afraid the Grasroot members can't think for themselves or are they afraid they will think for themselves.? :cowboy:

Where have I responded to Nebrusker? I don't hate the US cattleman I worry for them and the corner that R-CALF is backing us all into.

BMR:Why dont the vote on leadership.

They would'nt have control of all the sucker money.

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Big Muddy- you gotta watch all that smoking you're doing- you've went thru a pack already today.... :lol:

Click on my website and see the new picture of the grandson my wife stuck on when she was updating the colts pictures today-- thats the reason I can't go north- he'd have the mounties after us for sure....I tried to post it on here- but can't figure it all out yet--- But he was sure proud of the new suspenders he got for his 4th birthday a couple weeks ago.....Now he can be like grandpa...

Ot go to www.photobucket.com or http://www.walagata.com Uploade your pics from your computer to either one.Then copy url and paste on ranchers net highlight url and then hit image, hit preview pic should come up then hit submit...

BMR...Where have I responded to Nebrusker? I don't hate the US cattleman I worry for them and the corner that R-CALF is backing us all into.

I do not know if you have responded to Nebrusker in this forum or not BMR, and the old archives of the other forum I cannot find, so if you did not ever respond to Nebrusker I apologise.
I do not know Lloyd DeBrucker or Pat Goggins, but Pat seems to be a successfull business man. Is that what you hold against him? DeBrucker bought cattle in Canada didn't he? I guess you didn't care for his money.

You Canadians are hoping we will find a homegrown case of BSE to take the heat off of your 4 Canadian origin cases. All from the same Province, right? In my opinion you should have to test every one that you want us to take, not just a small percentage.

Frustratingly slow. While U.S. dairy officials are polite in public about the progress that is being made, privately they're frustrated, even exasperated, at the plodding pace of some industry groups, and state and federal officials.

"Bureaucracy, government, National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) and guys who are mountain men who own cattle are four good reasons why progress is so slow," one dairy insider says. "And because each state is responsible for registering its livestock operations, you have to work through each of those 50 little kingdoms of animal health departments first."

Cattlemen bristle at accusations that they're blocking animal ID efforts. "What we have been trying to stop is a massive, government-owned, cost-driven database system," says Mike John, a Huntsville, Mo., cow/calf producer and vice president of NCBA.

Tommy said:
BMR...Where have I responded to Nebrusker? I don't hate the US cattleman I worry for them and the corner that R-CALF is backing us all into.

I do not know if you have responded to Nebrusker in this forum or not BMR, and the old archives of the other forum I cannot find, so if you did not ever respond to Nebrusker I apologise.
I do not know Lloyd DeBrucker or Pat Goggins, but Pat seems to be a successfull business man. Is that what you hold against him? DeBrucker bought cattle in Canada didn't he? I guess you didn't care for his money.

You Canadians are hoping we will find a homegrown case of BSE to take the heat off of your 4 Canadian origin cases. All from the same Province, right? In my opinion you should have to test every one that you want us to take, not just a small percentage.

Once again!!!!!!!!!!! NO THEY WERE NOT ALL FROM THESAME PROVINCE.

Latest posts