• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Racism Over Toilet Paper?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Costume store toilet paper causes concern

Mary Kilpatrick
Staff Writer

Published: Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 5:58 p.m.

Last Modified: Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 7:01 p.m.

Linda William said she wasn't shopping for toilet paper when she saw few rolls featuring images of President Barack Obama's face for sale at a Houma costume store.

She was picking up party supplies.

"In the 52 years I've been around, I've never seen a president on a roll of toilet paper," she said.

That doesn't sit well with Terrebonne Parish NAACP President Jermone Boykin. He plans to take action against Ultimate Party, 1539 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., which he said is selling toilet paper rolls wrapped in racism.

"I feel like somebody's looking for a fight and they don't have look for one," Boykin said. "We haven't ruled out a boycott or protest of Ultimate Party."

Ultimate Party sold out of the toilet paper within a day, its manager Torey Hebb said.

"It's one of the best sellers," Hebb said.

Hebb said the store's just looking to turn a profit. The toilet paper costs $4.99 a roll.

"We're not trying to appeal to anyone," Hebb said. "It's all about sales."

Store owner Neal Patel did not return repeated calls for comment.

The retail strategy doesn't make much sense, Boykin said.

"There are a lot of African-American customers that go to that store, so it can affect their business," he said. "With the amount of people who are upset with this, it's clear there's a problem."

Online retailer Obamatoiletpaper.com markets the product as a gag gift that helps vent frustration about the president's performance.

A two-minute video on that website lists when to use the novelty roll.

"When BP keeps spilling oil and your pants begin to soil," the video suggests.

Williams said she finds little humor in what she said is a hurtful and offense joke.

"I don't know what kind of statement they were trying to make, but I felt like it was racist," she said.

"In the 52 years I've been around, I've never seen a president on a roll of toilet paper," she said.

Bush20Toilet20Paper.jpg

GW had one in his honor

mYxSsD1c-wg_EMBhMKiP99Q.jpg

Both bill and Hill had the honor..

SPTP09_1.jpg

Sarah Palin has a honor roll..

Carter had one,.. seems anyone of importance had one in their honor. even worthless Pilosi has one..

it is like fine art for the outhouse.. some folk need to lighten up and get over the racism crap...

20110523_1_anastassia_elias_toilet_paper_roll_art.jpg

The liberals have distorted the word "Racism" so bad, it has no meaning left. How do they keep doing it? :roll:

ANGUS327 said:
Mike said:
The liberals have distorted the word "Racism" so bad, it has no meaning left. How do they keep doing it? :roll:

"Racist" now means anybody who is winning an arguement with a liberal.

BINGO :!: :!: :!: :!:

You know a presidents approval rating is poor when toilet paper bare-ing his face is a popular seller.

Latest posts