• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

rain rain go away

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
well, we had another round with mother nature....in the past 2 days over 10 inches of rain has fallen, a round of hail that wiped out another HUGE chunk of crops. lots of corn that is flat gone! plenty of fence work to be done too. ran forcast for the next few nights too!! I am just about ready to pick up my toys and go home! it is taking the fun out of it pretty fast....

Don't be a hog. :wink: Share some of that water and come get your round bales. I seen them blow by here right after we talked today. :lol:

Jeepers Jigs, it goes from bad to worse. :( All I can offer is moral support and to let you know that we're pullin' for ya.

just about all of the midwest has had our fair share of rain, it's getting quite old. Lots and lots of standing water out in the country all over the place. Just no place for the water to run off too.

What's crazy is that I read a story last week on Omaha.com (the website for the Omaha newspaper) and an Iowa climatologist wouldn't be surprised to see the summer end in a drought.

Go west young man. You might purchase a wilderness retreat, bureaucrats thrown in free. :roll:

Seriously though, that's a tough roll of the dice to deal with. Your offer of a few days ago is extended back your way.

well one thing about it, we will see how good of a banker we have!!!

it is easy to get depressed and feel sorry for yourself, but all you need to do is look around and see that others have it worse off. wqe are healthy, and determined to see it through... gonna take a lot more to get me off the farm

watching the local 10pm news and only 4 days this month has been dry here in Des Moines. Another 2-4 inches of rain possible tomorrow, this time to the north and that's not good with the Des Moines and Raccoon river's already out of their banks in town and to make matter's worse, low 90's with 7000% percent humidity tomorrow :roll:

jigs im here in ks too, were along the missouri river and we have bottoms ground , 2/3 of our oats have had water on em for 9 days as of today , we was hoping to have had em baled last week and our corn is under water too, we need to get in and work in the feedlot but the pens are to wet so we cant even get any equipment in the pens , im looking forword to some dry weather soon

we got 1.2" Sunday evening and .7" last night, and another chance of some storms this afternoon. the rain we got was greatly needed.

so when the ground dies up and anyone needs to get ahold of me, call the hay field. :wink:

went out to tear some old fence out today so i could put in some high tensile wire, felt like i was walking in a swamp . jigs lets throw a 3 week drought party and see what happens

rowel said:
went out to tear some old fence out today so i could put in some high tensile wire, felt like i was walking in a swamp . jigs lets throw a 3 week drought party and see what happens
deal!
you bring the beer, I will supply the CHB !

jigs said:
rowel said:
deal!
you bring the beer, I will supply the CHB !

Um Jiggsy NO beer with a drought dance. It contributes to the available moisture for evaporation and could cause major flooding. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jigs,

know how you are feeling. lost half of our wheat crop this weekend and god knows how much of the corn and beans. Hard to believe that we didn't have a single field that wasn't affected by either hail or flooding.

speaking of drowning sorrows - we will be hosting the Kansas Hereford Tour on Aug 15th at our ranch. Their will be plenty of brewskis, on us of course, both Saturday night and after the tour stop on Sunday. Hope you can make it down.

Ryan

rjn5097 said:
jigs,

know how you are feeling. lost half of our wheat crop this weekend and god knows how much of the corn and beans. Hard to believe that we didn't have a single field that wasn't affected by either hail or flooding.

speaking of drowning sorrows - we will be hosting the Kansas Hereford Tour on Aug 15th at our ranch. Their will be plenty of brewskis, on us of course, both Saturday night and after the tour stop on Sunday. Hope you can make it down.

Ryan
be sure to remind me in August !! I will try to make it.

Latest posts