• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain tonight

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Our dry spell has come to a end. Temporaily atleast. We got a inch and a tenth in short order tonight. Was eating supper and heard a ping off the porch then another. It was hail, we rushed out and got the newer vehicles in in the shop. Don't think we had any damage to them but we got caught in the tin shop and had to stand around listening to the ROAR.The hail could have done some crop damage but I don't think it was enogh to hurt the pastures. It did dent the tin on the shop. Oh well will have to wait until daylight to see what else happened.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Our dry spell has come to a end. Temporaily atleast. We got a inch and a tenth in short order tonight. Was eating supper and heard a ping off the porch then another. It was hail, we rushed out and got the newer vehicles in in the shop. Don't think we had any damage to them but we got caught in the tin shop and had to stand around listening to the ROAR.The hail could have done some crop damage but I don't think it was enogh to hurt the pastures. It did dent the tin on the shop. Oh well will have to wait until daylight to see what else happened.

Been a little damp around here too- Thursday night I got 5 drops, but a couple miles up the road got 1/2 inch...Last night we got .6--will slow up the combine crews, but sure is good for getting the hayfields to grow back for winter pasture...

Big Muddy - I watched that storm on the radar- was wondering what it was producing- didn't look good......

Well we ended up with 2.5 inches as we got another big shot of rain. The creeks were running and water as going everywhere. The neighbors to the west 5 miles had windows and windsheilds broken so got hit harder with the hail then we did. It was quite the light show as it was reflecting off the water that was laying around.

I can hardly wait for our turn to receive some moisture. Got a few sprinkles this morning. East of us and south of us looks really good. They have gotten about 3 inches of moisture late July and August that missed us. We got about 6 tenths total and that didn't last long.

Latest posts