• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TXTibbs said:
Got 5 inches at my house from 10PM Wednesday to about 2 PM Thursday. Not a drop ran off i don't think......good fall rain!

Tibbs--

Can you please send some north to your homeland of SD?? We wouldn't mind a little of that!

Glad to hear it can still rain in West Texas. What does Concho the Corgi think of it? Bet she's getting some belly washing before she comes in!

TTB

Concho definantly gets her little under belly wet and dirty when she goes out side. I try to limit their time out there when it is wet or she tends to get into mischief...like digging in the gopher mounds and then looks like a little mud pie when she is done! But believe it or not, after that 5 inches in a short amount of time there is hardly any water sitting around....it all soaked right in. This sandy country soaks water away like a sponge. I hope there is snow on when i go home Christmas so Concho can see what that is like!

Dear Lord! Pardon me if my eyesight's going but I thought your beloved pup was a small kitten.. Also just realized the 'sofa' in your avatar is a truck..
Can't ya get a bigger picture?! :( :roll: :lol2:

TXTibbs said:
Got 5 inches at my house from 10PM Wednesday to about 2 PM Thursday. Not a drop ran off i don't think......good fall rain!

Yeah I seen that good rain on the radar,we got 2 points,but the weather people are saying 60%heavy rain early next week...........good luck

Nothin here but clouds and cool weather, but I'm not complainin a high of 71 sure beats the heck outta a high of 100.

And speakin of doggies, Wranglers not doin good, come down sick last night. Don't know what he got into, he was with me all day...??? Called the vet n he said give him a shot of pen. Did that, but he's not better this mornin. Vet said no food or water for 24 hours, he's not likin that at all, he wants water. Keeps sittin by his water bowl givin me that dejected look. :(

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Nothin here but clouds and cool weather, but I'm not complainin a high of 71 sure beats the heck outta a high of 100.

And speakin of doggies, Wranglers not doin good, come down sick last night. Don't know what he got into, he was with me all day...??? Called the vet n he said give him a shot of pen. Did that, but he's not better this mornin. Vet said no food or water for 24 hours, he's not likin that at all, he wants water. Keeps sittin by his water bowl givin me that dejected look. :(

Wonder why no water?I have never kept water away from a sick animal,maybe I will learn something?..............good luck ps I bet me and you both get a good rain next week.

I am totally fed up with vets that prescribe antibiotics when they have no idea what is wrong. Then we wonder why we have an antibiotic problem in this country.

And I think the dog knows more than the vet. Why would he say to keep him off water? Makes no sense.

He seemed to think by the discription of what I told him was wrong that he'd gotten into something. And the no food or water was just in case he got worse and had to have some kinda surgery. That prevents them from having to wait longer to do surgery if it was called for.

He won't even offer to eat anything yet, but I've felt sorry for him a few times thru the day and gave him small drinks. I think I know what might have caused him to get sick. Took him out after not lettin him have any water and he went strait to the outside dogs water barrel. There was a dead frog in it. When dogs mess with frogs around here it usually makes em sick for a day or so. He's still just stayin wrapped up in his lil blankie on the couch most of the time. Poor lil feller :cry: But he's not upchuckin like he was. So that's a good sign.

I sure do hope so haymaker, it's gettin super bad here, went to a friends today to help him work his mom's few cows and palpate one for em. They have NO grass, none, zip, nada and have been feedin hay for 2 months already. I told him there was a chance of rain early next week, might shoulda orta go git him some rye grass seed n git some ground ready to plant some, that way at least maybe they can make it through the winter with what hay they have.

TX TIbbs- our dgt in NJ got 8 " of rain in one day- much of it ended up in their basement. They vac'd up water all night in shifts. But it did end the NJ drought!

TX Tibbs, have been meaning to ask you how the emergency course went that you signed up for last month. (Not the cancelled one.) Was it worthwhile info?

got another 1.1 inches of good rain lat night.....our ground is saturated now...we need some days of sun and looks like we are going to get them.

The crisis intervention class was ok, but boring as hell. They make themselves sound like they are a big deal but I can't help but think otherwise. I haven't been to the class in two weeks due to circumstances from work and being out of town, and the maximum classes to miss is 3 and i've missed 4...so i think im in trouble or will be kicked out. O'well it was free and didn't cost anything.....and not sure it is what i expected it to be anyway! I'd rather be doing the ambulance stuff...:(

Thanks for asking NR

Ok so i want to choke the lady who is in charge of my Crisis Intervention Class......she is hidious!! That may sound mean, but let me describe her!!

She is prolly about 60 - 65 years old, but that is hard for me to say because she smokes like a freight train and that ages people, so she might be 40 for all I know. Her voice sounds like that of gut shot cat dying slowly and she has to pause during each sentence she says about 3 times. I haven't figured out if she is doing this cause she runs out of breathe, or if she is just so stupid she has to think that much about what she is going to say! Her hair is dyed the brightest color Orange that I have ever seen or thought possible and it looks like a huge pumpkin with ears. And her hair style appears that she lets goats knaw on it prior to arriving to class!

Now, imagine sitting in a room full of a bunch of people having to listen to her and look at her for 3 hours!!! I thought last night I was going to jump up and scream and throw my book at her or something when she does that pausing crap during her sentences. Ughhh!!!

Anyway, only 3 more classes and then it will all be over I think. I hope! But if i go through with this Crisis Intervention Unit and actually volunteer and go on calls, she is the head of the whole thing. We'll see how the next few days goes.....

:shock: :? :shock:

TXTibbs said:
Ok so i want to choke the lady who is in charge of my Crisis Intervention Class......she is hidious!! That may sound mean, but let me describe her!!

She is prolly about 60 - 65 years old, but that is hard for me to say because she smokes like a freight train and that ages people, so she might be 40 for all I know. Her voice sounds like that of gut shot cat dying slowly and she has to pause during each sentence she says about 3 times. I haven't figured out if she is doing this cause she runs out of breathe, or if she is just so stupid she has to think that much about what she is going to say! Her hair is dyed the brightest color Orange that I have ever seen or thought possible and it looks like a huge pumpkin with ears. And her hair style appears that she lets goats knaw on it prior to arriving to class!

After all that aggravation and training I hope you actually get to use it!
Sounds like you need a great big chocolate ice cream sundae after class- good for frazzled nerves :roll: 8) :D

Now, imagine sitting in a room full of a bunch of people having to listen to her and look at her for 3 hours!!! I thought last night I was going to jump up and scream and throw my book at her or something when she does that pausing crap during her sentences. Ughhh!!!

Anyway, only 3 more classes and then it will all be over I think. I hope! But if i go through with this Crisis Intervention Unit and actually volunteer and go on calls, she is the head of the whole thing. We'll see how the next few days goes.....

:shock: :? :shock:

Latest posts