• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

RAIN!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well we've been getting rain....and more rain....Thank the Lord!!!!! This is what it looks like when it pours like it did today. I dumped 3 6/10s out of the rain gauge at the cow pasture....but neighbors nearby reported 4 1/2 in theirs. We had 4 3/4 total here at the house. All of it fell between 9 am and 2 pm today.

2012-02-15-013.jpg

2012-02-15-015.jpg

2012-02-15-019.jpg

All our tanks are full. To the top....over flowing!!!! Yehaw!!!!!

Good things come to those who wait Lilly. :wink: (or is that " those who streak"?) :lol:

So glad you got some moisture, hopefully the trend will go back to normal for you folks.

Been a while since I've been on....other things going on that keep me "busy"....

Been raining pretty regular around here....some tornados and heavy rains in the area but I've been spared. Have been getting "normal" rainfall since December, along with the mild weather it is looking like April around here. According to drift on the fences, the creeks did flow about the highest I can remember.

Looking to be a great Spring.

No, it was'nt wide spread, tanks and creeks are still dry here in the caliche desert they call the TX Hill country.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
No, it was'nt wide spread, tanks and creeks are still dry here in the caliche desert they call the TX Hill country.
good luck

My sister has been hoping for that- until they got the roof on their new house... Now that its on- it can rain all it wants ... :wink:

Rained good early this morning, horses broke my rain gauge i had on a fence pole so, until I get to the hardware store I guess how much I got and I would say better'n an inch this morning early and weather folkos say heavy rain tonite, was planning on going to Luling Saturday to a Bluegrass pickin but if its flooding might hafta settle for a local waterin hole :D
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Rained good early this morning, horses broke my rain gauge i had on a fence pole so, until I get to the hardware store I guess how much I got and I would say better'n an inch this morning early and weather folkos say heavy rain tonite, was planning on going to Luling Saturday to a Bluegrass pickin but if its flooding might hafta settle for a local waterin hole :D
good luck

Would that be enough to soak through the top layer of that "caliche desert" and get things greening up again? I know when it really dry here an inch is welcome but doesn't go too far.

burnt said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

Would that be enough to soak through the top layer of that "caliche desert" and get things greening up again? I know when it really dry here an inch is welcome but doesn't go too far.

Yes it soaked that ole caliche real good, bout got me in the mood to do some spring plowin.
good luck

Big Muddy rancher said:
All that humidity will probably throw that old martin out of tune. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some times it will get a lil sharp but, remember the more you drink, the better i sound :D
good luck

gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
All that humidity will probably throw that old martin out of tune. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the whiskey spills haven't affected it yet it will probably sound just fine. :D

You know i realy think good whiskey, just gives that old martin a better tone, must be the fumes or sumthin, but it really plays good when there is crown around :wink:
good luck

Latest posts