• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Looks like parts of the high plains could have another wild and wet evening--altho it appears the severest stuff is moving east and may be in South Dakota tonight...
BRG may get wetter...

We basically got missed again. Picked up a little rain and lots of lightening and thunder. Friday night, friends in Carter County fought fire most of the night and into the early morning. Yesterday evening it started raining there and they got
3.7" by this morning. :shock: What a difference a day makes!

We had water from the sprinkler in our rain gauge, so we don't know how much
we got, MAYBE 1/4".

The weather warning robot on the radio keep coming on yesterday telling about
damaging winds in excess of 60 mph for southern Fallon County, Carter County and some of the counties in N and S Dakota. I haven't heard what happened there.
I hope it wasn't bad as the robot's warnings. He talked about half-dollar size hail
damaging buildings, trees and livestock. :cry:

We planned to leave for Pendelton about noon today, but the power went off about 10 am and never came back on til 5 pm this afternoon. Needless to say, we are still here. Flooding somewhere may have caused the problem.

Here is a picture of the hail in Lockwood last night...

FH- If you have Face Book look under a site called Montana Storms- that has lots of pictures of last night- and of tonights building storms....

Old Thor is rattling the house again right now- so I suppose we will get some more rain...

We got another .40 last night, which makes it 3 1/2 for the last 2 days. For us, this is perfect, as we are wanting to chop silage and this slows down the dry of the corn as the chopper won't be here for a bit yet. We are also trying something different this year, as we are going to plant winter triticalia next week. Should be perfect for planting.

About 1/2 an inch here last night- which means close to an inch and a half for the weekend... I was checking pastures and wheatfields today--- and it appears things were drier than I thought as some creeks aren't even running....
Filled some water holes- and sure greened up the grass some...

We got our first real rain since the 30th of June - - - over an inch and still coming!!!!

Now hopefully many of our allergies will lay by.

Crops are doing decent but we were really planning for a record harvest this spring - - - by mid June we were 9" above normal and everything looked great - - - was hard to get hay up but that was just fine with me.

Then it shut down and we got 0.05" in July and 0.02" in August and this is the first in September. This will shut the combines down for about 1 day but we need the rest anyway!

I think it was Ben Franklin who said you never know how much water is worth till you don't have any!

We picked up another .15 of an inch last night- but in talking with some folks this morning it looks like up along the Canadian border they got an inch or more in some areas again...

We ended with right at 2" and I know it is probably in my head but I think the grass looks greener already!

Latest posts