• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Rained nearly all day today here, not alot about 3/10s of an inch, but maybe this is a good sign, we'll take what we can get, hopefully more in the future. sure was nice to hafta wipe yer feet before comin indoors....

Like I figured...it didn't snow....but it froze enough to put a layer of ice on my dog and horse water this morning......poked through it with my finger, so that tells you how hard a freeze it was.....barely nothing.

And yes, from Midland, Texas to Houston, Texas is 557 miles according to Mapquest. So yeah.....Texas covers a hell of an area.....snows in one end...drought in one, flooding in another and tornadoes and hurricanes on the rest!

Jersy quit hogging the rain....we need some out west to! I'm sure you got your 60+ inches for 2005!! haha. Just curious.....did you keep track to how much rain you did receive in 2005?

Think it was around 40 inches total, might sound like a lot to most of ya'll, but with our clay soil, and all the rollin hills, it runs off perdy quick sometimes. yes we started out 2005 muddy, but that didnt last long. Since we've lived here ( 15 years) we've averaged 60 to 70 inches of rain just durin the fall and winter (Oct thru March) so this was an exceptionally dry year here.

Tibbs is 550 miles from anybody :D

I'm 40 miles north of Tyler and just got damp. If we don't get some runoff
by spring, I won't even be able to turn out in some pastures. No water.

We got 3 inches today. Turning cold now, sposed to 31 in the morning.

Cows are bowed up.......................

reader (the Second) said:
Mike said:
We got 3 inches today. Turning cold now, sposed to 31 in the morning.

Cows are bowed up.......................

We had such strong winds over the weekend that a tree fell, blocked the street and took out the transformer with two loud explosions. I looked out and saw the power lines moving up and down and my electrical pole swaying from side to side. I thought some large creature must have jumped from my roof. We expect more strong winds in the next day or two.

That storm you got passed through here Friday. I was putting deer hunters out that DID NOT want to climb up in the stands! I gave a couple 5 gallon buckets to sit on while they hunted.

Those winds were stout!

Latest posts