• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rain!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
Got a good half inch, still raining and more in the forecast. Thank you Lord!!
On a funny note, I told Mike I wasn't washing my jeans til it rained because it was so dusty they just get dirty immediately. Now I can wash them :)

It started here about 11:00. I was headed out toward the corral. The sky just opened up. I turned to head for the house. There was a flash of lightning and an immediate roar of thunder. In a bit it slowed to a steady rain. About 6:00 it stopped. I checked the rain gauge 0.6 inch. It is suppose to rain even harder on Sunday.

That is great Nicky! Sure glad you got your jeans washed. After one, if not the dryest summers in recorded history, we are now having a record-breaking rainy fall. It is raining almost daily and lots of it. It will probably be a snowy winter here, but if it makes for great range grass next spring and summer, then I promise not to whine about shoveling snow as long as the mountains get a deep pack.

Last edited:
It is raining again today. The wind is blowing and it is colder today too. And the weather radar shows snow above about 5,500 feet. Lookout, Little Lookout, and Pedro are all showing as snow. Sheep Mt behind me is 5,100 and it just shows as rain.

It started here about 11:00. I was headed out toward the corral. The sky just opened up. I turned to head for the house. There was a flash of lightning and an immediate roar of thunder. In a bit it slowed to a steady rain. About 6:00 it stopped. I checked the rain gauge 0.6 inch. It is suppose to rain even harder on Sunday.
I have some pasture south of Turner. The duck ponds the guy manages to sell hunts are filling fast. They got pretty low

Got a good half inch, still raining and more in the forecast. Thank you Lord!!
On a funny note, I told Mike I wasn't washing my jeans til it rained because it was so dusty they just get dirty immediately. Now I can wash them :)
I started wearing rain gear to keep my pants from getting muddy, especially as I pull cattle out of the west side

Latest posts