• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rams

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
I saw a dead bull snake on the road and it was nearly 80 degrees. So I declare today opening day of snake season. Didn't see a single snake. But we did see a group of 7 Bighorn rams. They weren't at all spooked by the pickup. Two were on the other side of the river and 5 on the road side. The river is real low right now so they had no problem wading across. We never did get the biggest one to pose for a picture. So no snakes but a successful evening drive.

P5152893.JPG
P5152894.JPG
P5152895.JPG

The river has come up since I took those pictures. I got a message that the reservoir is full so they have to dump what ever comes in. The river came up 2 feet here yesterday 30 miles down stream from the reservoir. We now have all the irrigation water we can stand and then some. I may just drowned the meadows.

The river has come up since I took those pictures. I got a message that the reservoir is full so they have to dump what ever comes in. The river came up 2 feet here yesterday 30 miles down stream from the reservoir. We now have all the irrigation water we can stand and then some. I may just drowned the meadows.
Hey bottle up and mail me any extra ya have laying around. 😁

Not just shooting a very nice ram but got lucky in drawing a tag. I should say the tag as they were only issuing one tag a year. In 2020 there was pneumonia going through the sheep. That caused them to halt the one tag they had been allowing. I found a dead ewe on the road and had a lunger in my driveway for several days.

Thanks, just one tag offered and somewhere around 450 applicants, I was sorry to here about the pneumonia
73D56AAE-0398-4A12-B8A7-997B6E8B6C1C.jpeg

I've got a grundle of desert sheep points here in Utah. Someday I hope to hunt one before I get ancient. Again, congrats Vaquero. Awesome ram. And a really cool picture of all the rams too.

Latest posts