• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranch pic's.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Here are some taken in mid/late April this year of some of our cattle and views.

This was a very fresh calf when I came upon it.
calving2.jpg

This one is of our calving herd when I had fed them some hay during calving because of the last several years drought. Most years the grass in that pasture would have gotten them through in that nice weather. :mad:
calving1.jpg

Next is part of the pasture we calve the previous herd in.
viewwest2.jpg

Lastly is the range of hills that is just west of us a few miles.
viewwest1.jpg

reader (the Second) said:
They're nice. I was in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in the fairly new Ice Age exhibit which was spectacular. There were a ton of shellfish type fossils from mid-America. For some reason, your pictures remind me of the fact that much (all) of America was covered with ocean which is why there are fossil sea creatures found in Oklahoma, Indiana, Ohio, Canada, and so on.

It IS very hard to picture our country as a previous ocean. Our human history is merely the blink of an eye. I often marvel that we get to live here now at this point in creation when everything is so beautiful and varied.

The real Jake: your pictures are striking- those black cattle stand out so well on tawny grassland. And all that sky! Thank you for posting them.

Was wondering though what that cow thought about you snapping her cute newborn. Shall I charge him? :? Or CHAAAARRRRGE HIM! :twisted:

Great pictures,Jake-good open country with protection for calving.I am having coffee, watching the weather which calls for precip most of the week off and on, and going to FSA office w/ a friend to help her out.
Had a cookout Sat eve. w/ friends and their kids-what fun and a beautiful evening. That was one way to get the shop cleaned out and my house cleaned also. Have a good day!

Damn Jake, you're making me homesick! I sure do miss the open country. I am coming back on 8-22 for a funeral, then leave the next day. Too bad I'm coming home for that reason.

"good looking bovine, Jake!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!! Now....what about a few pix of you?? "

Sorry ranchwife, wouldn't want to put you through all that agony!

I'll give you a visual instead. I have a voice like Pee wee Herman, am the height of Michael Jordan(but not the color :D ), and look like Scarface :evil: .

Seriously, I have to jump through lots of hoops just to post the pictures I have posted, and I don't have any on hand. Thank God.

How about you first? :p :p :p

"Damn Jake, you're making me homesick! I sure do miss the open country. I am coming back on 8-22 for a funeral, then leave the next day. Too bad I'm coming home for that reason"

koj, if you are coming back today maybe you won't see this, but I agree with you, the deal I assume you are referring to was terrible.

Have a safe trip, and maybe will see you.

Thanks for the kindly words everyone. I do not claim to be a professional photographer, but I am rather proud of a few of the pictures I posted. Especially the Nevada pic's.

The pictures sure make this site interesting. I only have a slow dial up though so it is rather time consuming. I might try more if it was faster.

Soapweed, I have thought about petitioning Macon with the statute of limitations on Jake's handle. Use it or lose it.

I guess it is comforting to know that I am real. :!: :!: :!:

I thought I would post this picture of our winter pasture next to these dormant season pictures for you to see what it looks like here when it is green. I would post more, but I could get old waiting for it to load into photo bucket with my poor connection. :!:

This is somewhat dated, but the country still looks the same. :wink:

winterpasture.jpg

Soapweed wrote:

Nice pictures and good looking country, jake. Looks like an ideal area in which to run cattle. That hard grass can sure pack on the pounds.

Yes Soapweed, if you don't mind it too hot, too cold, to windy, too dry.............. :D :D :D

Notice I didn't say too wet. Can't really remember that, but I do remember too much snow a couple times. :wink:

LOL, Jake. I'll ditto that.

We know exactly what you mean.

However, my husband just returned for a short, (very short) trip where he went by Billings and Bozeman. He says the only thing worse than not having the most desireable weather is TOO MANY PEOPLE! And that's what there is between Billings and Bozeman.

Latest posts