• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rancher- Did you float away?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

FLASH FLOOD WARNING

FLASH FLOOD STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BILLINGS MT
248 PM MDT SAT MAY 7 2005

MTC017-072330-
CUSTER MT-
248 PM MDT SAT MAY 7 2005

...A FLASH FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES UNTIL 530 PM MDT FOR WESTERN
CUSTER COUNTY..

AT 245 PM MDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS REPORTED A
THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING FLOODING OF UNDERPASSES IN MILES CITY.
THE LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS CAUSING THE FLOODING EXTENDED FROM MILES
CITY NORTH TOWARDS KINSEY.

THE THUNDERSTORMS WITH EXCESSIVE RAIN WILL OTHERWISE REMAIN OVER
MAINLY RURAL AREAS OF THE INDICATED COUNTY. AREAS AROUND HARRIS
CREEK IN CUSTER COUNTY MAY SEE RAPID RISES AND POSSIBLE FLOODING.

EXCESSIVE RUNOFF FROM HEAVY RAINFALL WILL CAUSE FLOODING OF SMALL
CREEKS AND STREAMS...COUNTRY ROADS...AS WELL AS FARMLAND ALONG THE
BANKS OF CREEKS AND STREAMS.

Oldtimer- Rancher isn't going to be able to tell us he didn't get rain again this time, or I'm thinking he is a figment of our imagination. That whole country has a flood warning, and he is right close to the middle of it, that is if there is really a rancher. :D He could be a suit working at a high powered business in Detroit or somewhere, and he is just having fun with us, I suppose. lol.

There was some decent rains in our area, but no drought breaker. Sure is a beautiful day here though.

Happy Mothers day all you mothers out there.

We finally got just a little rain last night. Very dry up here, no moisture at all for about 3 or 4 months. Lot of the grain was laying in dry ground. This might help, not sure if it was enough, but will take anything we can get. The grass really needed a drink also, just totally brown. Calling for maybe more this next week!!!

the real jake said:
Oldtimer- Rancher isn't going to be able to tell us he didn't get rain again this time, or I'm thinking he is a figment of our imagination. That whole country has a flood warning, and he is right close to the middle of it, that is if there is really a rancher. :D He could be a suit working at a high powered business in Detroit or somewhere, and he is just having fun with us, I suppose. lol.

There was some decent rains in our area, but no drought breaker. Sure is a beautiful day here though.

Happy Mothers day all you mothers out there.

You guys just don't understand this area, was in Miles City and they had water every where. Heard close to 2.5 inches in a short time. The streets were rivers. I got home and had a tenth, but woke up to 8ths and still raining. Neighbor not 20 miles from me has 3 inches, sure is spotty. But hey I like what I got as it has been a slow steady rain and not a down pour. Would have filled some dams and ran some water on the hay ground with a down pour, but think this is soaking in better this way.

Buckskin- rancher-- Glad you got some this time....We got about 10 drops and wind....Still smells like rain, but the radar shows its moving into ND--some are pumping on to their hayfields already.......Cows are hauled out- wheat is seeded- so a nice 3 day soaker wouldn't hurt anything....

Remember Bucking Horse Sale Week is still coming....

We got 4/tenths last evening and over night. In the afternoon was putting up a new ranch sign at the road and didn't get anything but mother-inlaw 2.5 miles south had 3 tenths. we watched the storms go around us all after noon and got the heaviest shower about 8 pm. Atleast in can rain a bit. Lets hope we get more this week. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
We got 4/tenths last evening and over night. In the afternoon was putting up a new ranch sign at the road and didn't get anything but mother-inlaw 2.5 miles south had 3 tenths. we watched the storms go around us all after noon and got the heaviest shower about 8 pm. Atleast in can rain a bit. Lets hope we get more this week. :cowboy:

Just got word from Mother -inlaw and she got over a inch.she live just down the valley . :???:

I guess it is our turn, this time around. We got 2.5 inches here at the place. Town of Baker had 3.5 inches this morning. We were gone all day, so don't know what happened in town. The streets were wet when we came through.

Not much happened here in the way of rain during the day, still looks like the same amount in the rain gauge. Our neighbor to the west had seven tenths more than we did early this morning.

This county will be green for awhile. And more rain is forecast!!
I hope you all get some!!!

We've gotten over 2 inches since last thursday :D :D And is still raining. Don't know if it's filled any ponds or not but is sure doing the grass alot of good. They declared our county (Baker) and Klamath county (south by the Cal. border) disaster areas back in March. But we got some snow in the mtns in april and now this rain so things are really looking up. Everything is green and the cows are happy :) so we're happy too. Hope you all get some moisture, have a great day.

Latest posts