• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

rancher- Faster Horses- You get snow?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Did this snow last night make it down to you? We have about an inch and half of new wet snow covering the ground again-got a little chilly too- down to 5-- drove out thru the cows during the night to check them, but so far they are holding tight-- they say there is a Canadian storm moving down on Wed and Thursday to bring more snow and wind-- that should get the cows started....

rancher- I think you have a big dome over your area--everytime I watch these storms on radar they get to about Miles City and STOP-- Just disappear....

Tried all day here to do something yesterday (snow), just couldn't GETTERDONE!

In the afternoon the snowflakes got pretty wet, just didn't last. We would up with another skiff. At least it is enough to keep the dust down.

I wondered about rancher's country as I heard Broadus got some and it was wintery from Busby to Sheridan, Wyoming.

Guess we'll just wait for rain.

Oldtimer said:
Did this snow last night make it down to you? We have about an inch and half of new wet snow covering the ground again-got a little chilly too- down to 5-- drove out thru the cows during the night to check them, but so far they are holding tight-- they say there is a Canadian storm moving down on Wed and Thursday to bring more snow and wind-- that should get the cows started....

rancher- I think you have a big dome over your area--everytime I watch these storms on radar they get to about Miles City and STOP-- Just disappear....

What have I been telling you, they just fun into a brick wall. I got a skiff of snow and 18 degrees low. The snow all blew away, so didn't get to see if it settled the dust. Send down that weather maker you had about 6-8 years ago that changed your weather.

i really do wish you all would get some rain (to heck with snow at this time of year)--within 2 weeks i expect to start hearing about how we need some moisture. we were just lucky last year, but ith all the moisture going down to haymaker's country this winter, it could get dicey.
BTW--the best beer i EVER had in my life was on Crazy Woman mountain in MT....you guys have the view....

yeah-in mt., big horns, west of gilette, buffalo. beautiful country. i'd have to look at amap now to pin-point it, but it was memorable to say the least. it was with my then-husband, who's folks are from that country. i don't think they're too proud of him , so no names.
but it was a coors in a bottle :lol:

Well, you'd be hard pressed to find that on a Montana map. You are speaking of the Big Horn Mountains in WYOMING. And Crazy Woman is a creek in a canyon. You are right that it is beautiful country and is filling up with rich people from other places.

Which reminds me of a joke.

Three guys were out hunting. One was from Russia, one from California and one from Wyoming. They paused for refreshment and the Russian took out a bottle of vodka. He took a long swallow, threw the bottle up in the air, pulled out his gun and shot the bottle. "In Russia", he says, "we have lots of vodka."

The man from California pulled out a bottle of wine. Took a long pull and threw it in the air, pulled out his gun and shot it. "In California", he says, "we have lots of fine wine."

The man from Wyoming pulls out a bottle of Coors beer. Takes a big swig, pulls out his gun and SHOOTS THE CALIFORNIAN.

"In Wyoming," he says, "we have lots of Californians!"

Faster horses said:
Well, you'd be hard pressed to find that on a Montana map. You are speaking of the Big Horn Mountains in WYOMING. And Crazy Woman is a creek in a canyon. You are right that it is beautiful country and is filling up with rich people from other places.

Which reminds me of a joke.

Three guys were out hunting. One was from Russia, one from California and one from Wyoming. They paused for refreshment and the Russian took out a bottle of vodka. He took a long swallow, threw the bottle up in the air, pulled out his gun and shot the bottle. "In Russia", he says, "we have lots of vodka."

The man from California pulled out a bottle of wine. Took a long pull and threw it in the air, pulled out his gun and shot it. "In California", he says, "we have lots of fine wine."

The man from Wyoming pulls out a bottle of Coors beer. Takes a big swig, pulls out his gun and SHOOTS THE CALIFORNIAN.

"In Wyoming," he says, "we have lots of Californians!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FH....are you sure that was not a MONTANA cowboy who shot the californian??? seems we are being slightly overrun with them here...more darned california plates on vehicles during the summer than our own montana plates...... :cry:

If you don't mind I'll add this happy message to the list. We got about 4 " and 30 mph winds to start calving. BTW the Big Horn Mts have an excess of snow on them, as I can see them from the tops of the hills around here.

Latest posts