• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranchersnet Get-Together

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
26 have signed up so far for a Ranchersnet Get-together with Entertainment on Sep 1 in Deadwood, SD at
Deadwood Gulch Resort Restaurant for a 1 PM dinner. We have a Private Room reserved under the name "Ranchers".
JingleBob and Saddletramp will provide entertainment along with any others so inclined.

DIRECTIONS TO RESTAURANT see below

LATE SIGN-UPS- send message to Macon Gravlee, please.
Update on those Definitely Attending :
BobM alias HasBeen
Kate/Wy
Hanta Yo
sw
BMR and Mrs. BMR
MRJ
Clarence and Brother of Clarence
Carole 3218
JohnSD
Soapweed and Mrs. Soapweed
Macon and Susan Gravlee
JingleBob
Katrina and "Mr. Katrina"
Faster Horses and Mr. Faster Horses
Ranchwife
Saddletramp
feeder and Mr. feeder
nr and Mr. nr
Hoping to Attend: others who need arms twisted from their hay balers or bottles

On Sunday (1-4 PM) for those staying over Jinglebob and Saddletramp will be performing along with a lady who performed at the Deke Latham Memorial Rodeo Poetry Ball, in 04. She plays the violin so superbly, that some of the songs would make you cry. She played a violin that had been played at A. Lincoln's funeral. They'll be at Devil's Tower WY which is on I 90 just west of Sundance near Hulett WY- just follow signs.

Directions to Deadwood Gulch Resort Restaurant:
It is one mile south of Main St. Deadwood. It's not hard to find, just take Highway 385 south out of Deadwood. Deadwood is in a small, narrow, twisting valley and it's strung out quite a ways. But there are good road signs for the tourists and us "challenged" drivers! It is right across from a Comfort Inn and a Fun Park. The restaurant phone= # 605-578-1294 x337. You can order off a full menu from $6 to $18.
The Comfort Inn across from the restaurant has many vacancies for night of Sep 1- call 1-800-961-3096.

http://www.deadwood.org/ for hotels and area sightseeing. Some have recommended Cadillac Jack's Hotel and Penny Hotel and are reserving rooms for the night of Sep 1.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I was wondering if the old BOSS would be coming as we owe him a debt of gratitude for bring us togehter. :)
Big Muddy, if we owed you a big debt of gratitude would you promise to come, too?? :D

Better get your reservations in early folks as Deadwood will be pretty full that weekend since it is labor day weekend. they will be pretty full.
Here are some toll free numbers you can use that might help/Cadiallacs jacks 1-866-332-3966 Nice rooms by the way i am told.
Comfort inn across from Deadwood gulch 1-800-961-3096,
Deadwood gulch is nice convention place but never did care for the atmosphere there to much.
Here is the chamber of cmmerce in Deadwood also 1-800-999-1876
Hope this will help you all out and i would be there but we have palns for thet weekend as will have company and then the big weekend in Newell that weekend also.
Think you will all enjoy it tho. The gulsches of fun at Comfort inn as minature golf if anyonw likes it or they used to as havent been by there for sometime.
Cadilacc Jacks is way on the other end of town from the resort and if any of you kow the way to Lead from Deadwood then it is on that end of town.
This sounds like it would be lots of fun and will eveyone tell everyone else who they are then or jsut use the handles on here.
Hope everyone has had a very good summer so far and it has been hot and dry in this country this month unilt this week and then have gotten 6 tenths in about 3 days as a shower come sthorugh and good thing as there is always lots of lightening.
ok better go as is getting time for the feed wagon around here.
The evening is getting on with me.
Teh husband has been stacking the nice ahy we got this year finally after 2 years without. Might need somemore but there has been talk of cutting down some so maybe won't have to buy any.
Take care everyone and god bless. :) :)

Thanks Bev for the numbers. I called that Comfort Inn (1-800-961-3096) and they have many vacancies for the night of Sep 1.

Wish you could jump on your horse and come, Bev. :cry:

I would like to come and meet a few people, thanks to John SD, for letting me know. We'll see when my company is coming in Sept. I'll make reservations soon if coming. I've been wanting to go to Deadwood.

Kate/wy said:
I would like to come and meet a few people, thanks to John SD, for letting me know. We'll see when my company is coming in Sept. I'll make reservations soon if coming. I've been wanting to go to Deadwood.

Hope you can make it. Bring your company along if you want!

Yes i did look at teh calendar wrong but don't know if i will be able to make it then either as like one other wirter don't know for sure when my company is coming.
On a thursday night the rooms should be cheaper also as theya re sun-thursday unless they changed that in the summer as haven't heard lately.
Hopefully it will be lots cooler by then also and if i can i will make it up but depends on alot of things.
The weather sure has been hot around here and dry but guess it might cool off the middle of this week and i am ready for it.
Oh ya the one that said i should jump on my horse and come that would really be impossible since i don't have one. :)
I guess i could rent one somewhere huh but has been so long since i have been on one i would not want to do that, At my age don't need any broken bones.
Ok everyone take care and hope you gets lots of people to the occasion. Send some rain around this way id anyone is getting any but we sure don't need any dry lightening and that would probably waht we would get i guess.
HAve a good one unitl i write again. :)

I heard one rancher is promising somebody free drinks if he leaves his haying to attend. Who could that possibly be.

I was thinking that rancher could come and wear a paper bag over his head like the "Unknown comic" from gong show days. That way he could keep his secret identity. That is unless he doesn't keep his cape tucked in. :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I was thinking that rancher could come and wear a paper bag over his head like the "Unknown comic" from gong show days. That way he could keep his secret identity. That is unless he doesn't keep his cape tucked in. :wink:

You mean, you mean- he's Superman!!!?? :shock:

nr said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

:cowboy: How about - "The Lo-o-o-n-e Stranger!" :eek: :shock:

DOC HARRIS said:
nr said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

:cowboy: How about - "The Lo-o-o-n-e Stranger!" :eek: :shock:

He IS gettin stranger n stranger :wink: :D

I might be there, but no one will know. Keep looking over you shoulder wondering if I am there or not. :) :D

rancher said:
I might be there, but no one will know. Keep looking over you shoulder wondering if I am there or not. :) :D

We're waiting for a picture- real Jake posted one...
Now with the daughter going to college in Miles, I might be standing next to you at the Bison and never know it.......

Latest posts