• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranchersnet Get-Together

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
26 have signed up so far for a Ranchersnet Get-together with Entertainment on Sep 1 in Deadwood, SD at
Deadwood Gulch Resort Restaurant for a 1 PM dinner. We have a Private Room reserved under the name "Ranchers".

LATE SIGN-UPS: contact Macon Gravlee, please.

See Directions below to restaurant.

JingleBob and Saddletramp will provide entertainment along with any others so inclined.
Update on those Definitely Attending :
BobM alias HasBeen
Kate/Wy
BMR and Mrs. BMR
Hanta Yo
sw
MRJ
Clarence and Brother of Clarence
Carole 3218
JohnSD
Soapweed and Mrs. Soapweed
Macon and Susan Gravlee
JingleBob
Katrina and "Mr. Katrina"
Faster Horses and Mr. Faster Horses
Ranchwife
Saddletramp
feeder and Mr. feeder
nr and Mr. nr

On Sunday if you are staying over Jinglebob and Saddletramp will be performing along with a lady who performed at the Deke Latham Memorial Rodeo Poetry Ball. She plays the violin so superbly, that some of the songs would make you cry and played a violin that had been played at A. Lincoln's funeral. They'll be performing at Devil's Tower WY 1-4 PM which is on I 90 just west of Sundance near Hulett WY- just follow signs.

Directions to Deadwood Gulch Resort Restaurant for the Get-together dinner:
It is one mile south of Main St. Deadwood. It's not hard to find, just take Highway 385 south out of Deadwood. Deadwood is in a small, narrow, twisting valley and it's strung out quite a ways. But there are good road signs for the tourists and us "challenged" drivers! It is right across from a Comfort Inn and a Fun Park. The restaurant phone= # 605-578-1294 x337. You can order off a full menu from $6 to $18.

The Comfort Inn across from the restaurant has many vacancies for night of Sep 1- call 1-800-961-3096.

http://www.deadwood.org/ for hotels and area sightseeing. Some have recommended Cadillac Jack's Hotel and Penny Hotel and are reserving rooms for the night of Sep 1.

Hey,nr..... Count me in.

I like the poetry/jam session idea and if you really work on him maybe you could get Soapweed to play the piano.

HaHa...funny...everone be sittin around squirmin cuz of the hissin n rattlin.....I almost said "tail shakin" but.....

I dunno..how many of us "southerners" are there? n What time of the year is best for em to "git away for a weekend or so?

I say sometime in the winter or so, so if them norther folks come down they can warm up a little :D

Well if we have one down in the south, it better at least be in Texas or i'm not going....HAHA. Maybe we could have it in Jal, New Mexico...its not far from me..ha. I can't believe i'd travel out of state for a day to meet people I've never met but only either fought with or chatted with online. And if i was some of you folks heading to the one in Deadwood, you better watch your backsides.....just remember all the people you bashed and pissed off over the years on this deal. You never know who might be one of them Outlaw Doctors with a gun that was talked about in another post!!! :lol: :wink: :? 8) :roll:

TXTibbs said:
Well if we have one down in the south, it better at least be in Texas or i'm not going....HAHA. Maybe we could have it in Jal, New Mexico...its not far from me..ha. I can't believe i'd travel out of state for a day to meet people I've never met but only either fought with or chatted with online. And if i was some of you folks heading to the one in Deadwood, you better watch your backsides.....just remember all the people you bashed and p****d off over the years on this deal. You never know who might be one of them Outlaw Doctors with a gun that was talked about in another post!!! :lol: :wink: :? 8) :roll:

Well, I'm sorry you don't have Christmas break in Sept. so you could come and add some TX flavor to the party. Could have brought those cute doggies and done the sticks tricks.

I've got bad news guys...........
We can't come to Deadwood.....
I've got two kids in differant schools, Not evan in the same state. I drive one and my husband gets the other off on the bus.....
We are chopping silage for the next 10 days.
My folks who come up and stay when we need them(my ace in the hole).
Dad is going in for open heart surgery the 7th of Septmeber, he is not well
There is no way I can come evan for a few hours that day...
I am very bummed out. I know it's selfish, but I just can't help it. I was really looking forward to seeing you all..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, Katrina, I'm so sorry to hear you can't come. Hope the surgery goes well. We are going to start to chop silage next week. I didn't think we were going to chop this year, but the better half decided to do some. That is putting pressure here also. So far it still is a go for me at least. Take care of your family.

And Katrina, we were looking foreward to meeting you!

Hopefully this won't be the last get-together and we will meet you later, instead of sooner.

Best wishes to your father! I sure know the spot you are in, my father is in ill health, has been for the past few years. It is hard.

I'm still POed..... There is a little shop where you can dress-up in old western clothing and get your picture taken. Wouldn't that be a hoot... Well guess you'll have to just take my monkey face......

Katrina:

Sorry you won't be able to come-we were looking forward to meeting you. Hopefully next time.

Please know that we are keeping your father in our thoughts and prayers. I hope he has a positive attitude-it's truly amazing how far and how quickly that can help a person heal.

TTB

That darn picture shop in Deadwood-I wanted mine taken with a bunch of dancing girls in a bathtub-but I thought they supplied the girls too lol.

You are all going to have sooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:
I have been looking foreward to this for along time...
I'm just totally bummed out.
I know there are people with alot more problem than I, but just doesn't seem to help any.. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hey Katrina, if you go to Valentine in October for th poetry gathering, you will be able to meet Soapweed and Saddle Tramp and I bet they would introduce you to Sandhusker. Shoot, I might even be there! :lol:

Tho' that probably wouldn't be much of a treat! :shock: :lol:

Thanks Jinglebob, I have never been to the poetry gathering... I can't make any plans though :roll: Sounds good though.... Everyone drink a drink for me in Deadwood okay? :nod: :nod: I should of known better than to make plans....

Latest posts