• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranching and the future.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Badlands said:
Point taken, but their are alot of people that don't eat grubs to survive.

Right, BRG, they are in the already developed nations with flat or only slightly rising demand for beef.

In the nations with developing economies, quality as we define it will be of insignificant importance. Even in the already developed nations, quality as we define it is insignificant in terms of total volume of sales. It's really only in the USA, CA and Japan, that folks get heated up about marbling. And that isn't the largest part of the volume in those countries.

Even here in the USA, the biggest portion of the market is not for "quality" product.

Badlands

True, 45% of the beef consumed in the United States, is ground beef.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Yes, but most of the beef on an animal is burger, so they have to eat more of it.

Here, BRG, but not elsewhere.

Those countries that you visited tend to have lower beef consumption than here. You were visiting pretty affluent areas, obviously. The exception, rather than the rule.

Beef only comes into play after the economies develop and become more affluent. In the rural areas, and especially in the developing countries, smaller animals than beef will be the norm.

Badlands

BRG,

It sounds like you did some good sampling.

Our trip to Italy in '96 was my first experience with proscuitto, capicola, etc. Coupled with the fresh herbs, etc, that stuff is dang good eating.

Badlands

I know they have less consumption than HERE, but they do still eat it, and Europe has alot of people and most have a higher income than say South America or China.

One of my favorite things to do on a trip is to sample their food, and drink their alcohal. It is all different, but fun to try. I do think my favorite was the traditional German food. Good Beef and hog schnitzel or dumpling and a pint of what ever they have on tap. But I do love the seafood pasta and a bottle red wine to go with it. YYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM :p

Badlands said:
Yes, but most of the beef on an animal is burger, so they have to eat more of it.

Here, BRG, but not elsewhere.

Those countries that you visited tend to have lower beef consumption than here. You were visiting pretty affluent areas, obviously. The exception, rather than the rule.

Beef only comes into play after the economies develop and become more affluent. In the rural areas, and especially in the developing countries, smaller animals than beef will be the norm.

Badlands

I don't know if they are considered high end or not, but Argentina is the largest beef eating ountry per person, last I knew.

And it's all grass fed, tender and delicious, according to the guy who was there and telling me about it and he'd know good beef from poor.

They eat beef at least once a day and many people, more than that.

Latest posts