• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ranchwife--Hamburger recipe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sierraman

Reaction score
I tried a good one. I made them a couple nights ago. Stuffed pepper. No measurements here, cause that's how I do about 3/4 of my food. But approximations are being given. Can change amounts, keeping proportions of course.

Needed:
5 green bell peppers
1 lb. ground beef
either fresh or dries minced onion
5 oz. tomato sauce
large handful and a 1/2 of oatmeal
2 eggs
some ketchup

Cut peppers in half removing the stuff inside. Lay ina glass pan with the opening facing up.
Mix the other ingredients excluding the ketchup and put inside the pepper openings somewhat evenly. Pour or squirt some ketchup over each pepper.
Bake at 350degrees F. for an hour.
You're done.

thank you....thank you....thank you, sierraman!!!!! :D :D :D These are EXACTLY how my mom used to make them....unfortunately, she passed on before she could pass on her recipe!!!! GONNA HAVE STUFFED PEPPERS FOR DINNER TONIGHT!!! :D :D :D

Never had it with rice. The filling stuff is basically meatloaf. The exception is that in meatloaf, you chop the peppers up and mix 'em in. If you want it spicy, use salsa, not tomato sauce.

add some motzarella cheese to the top about 10 min before they are done mmmmmmmmmmmm.

the family LOVED them...with the rice and with the oatmeal!!!made a batch of each thinking i would have leftovers for lunches at work on my next 5 day stretch....NOPE!!!! guess it will be back to peanut butter sandwiches for me :wink: :wink:

And how are your waterbag fly scarers coming?
Glad you liked the stuffed peppers. Its one of my favorite burger recipes. :)

on the topic of hamburgers......I was at a ranchers house the other day measuring a fence and i was invited in for hamburgers. Anyway....the reason i'm mentioning this is because she had this little concoction mixed up. All it was, was maynaise (sp), bits of tomato, bits of bell peppers, salt and pepper, and it was all mixed together into a little dressing....she said you can add anything you want to to it. It was different....never seen that done before.

Couldn't resist.........

WHAT ARE YOU DOIN RUININ GOOD BEEF WITH THAT OTHER STUFF?!?!?!?!??!??!

lol,

pprm

TXTibbs said:
Sierraman said:
Never had it with rice. The filling stuff is basically meatloaf. The exception is that in meatloaf, you chop the peppers up and mix 'em in. If you want it spicy, use salsa, not tomato sauce.

Lil Hippo sounds like heck of a cook. haha

As a homeschool student my mom taught me all the kitchen stuff. She knew she would be stuck in bed for awhile and taught me how to cook. Not just certain things, but how to ocme up with stuff, I guess so she could ask for almost naything she wanted. I cook about 1/3 of the meals around here now. I'll be missin' my family's cooking. Well, that's how I learned to cook. I can't learn to cook Chinese though. Just don't know how. My dad does though.

Sierraman said:
TXTibbs said:
Sierraman said:

As a homeschool student my mom taught me all the kitchen stuff. She knew she would be stuck in bed for awhile and taught me how to cook. Not just certain things, but how to ocme up with stuff, I guess so she could ask for almost naything she wanted. I cook about 1/3 of the meals around here now. I'll be missin' my family's cooking. Well, that's how I learned to cook. I can't learn to cook Chinese though. Just don't know how. My dad does though.

Well to make chinese first you need to skin a dog or a rat then add rice...

Denny said:
Sierraman said:
TXTibbs said:

As a homeschool student my mom taught me all the kitchen stuff. She knew she would be stuck in bed for awhile and taught me how to cook. Not just certain things, but how to ocme up with stuff, I guess so she could ask for almost naything she wanted. I cook about 1/3 of the meals around here now. I'll be missin' my family's cooking. Well, that's how I learned to cook. I can't learn to cook Chinese though. Just don't know how. My dad does though.[/quo
Well to make chinese first you need to skin a dog or a rat then add rice...

Ewwww, Denny!!! There's a visual i did not want stuck in my head!! :shock: :shock: :D :D

Have you ever seen that in one of those countries they eat Bats they just throw them in a fire whole let them burn awile then peal and eat. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm taste like chicken seen it on the Discovery channel.A friend of mine was in the service in the phillapeans they have monkey on a stick......

On the same line of the stuffed peppers.

Slice open an anaheim pepper (I leave the seeds because I like things hot, you can remove for mild). Feel with cooked ground hamburger and cubes of chedder cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and the pepper is soft (not roasted not firm).

When I forget to defrost the hambuger, I just fill with cheese. It's good that way too.

Latest posts