• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Random Spring Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WVGenetics

Reaction score
Been taking a few photos and thought I would share.

Our high selling yearling from earlier this spring. Reg. # 16609069
419_053.jpg

A Hereford bull we raised and have used the last two years. This pic and the next were taken late last fall as a 2 yr old. He is now 3 and an easy calver for sure.
858_Nov2010b.jpg

858_Nov2010.jpg

Now a few pics of the spring scenery.
DSC00992.JPG

Looking east across a piece of hayground along the Cacapon River, which is Native American for 'medicine waters'.
DSC01034.JPG

Baling some first cutting alfalfa to the south of the last pic. These bales are headed for the wrapper shortly.

DSC01031.JPG

View to west across about 20 acres of mostly brome hay with a small piece of pasture ground heading up the valley behind.

DSC00960.JPG

Random pic of the surrounding mountains.

0272.JPG

Foggy sunrise.
0251.JPG

Trying to be a professional photographer.
0261.JPG

Big Muddy rancher said:
Pretty country :D

Is there any grass among the trees?

Yep...mostly in the valleys and on the ridge tops-a lot of the hill sides can get pretty steep. The whole state is something like 75% forest so clear areas are sometimes pretty far apart.

Thanks for posting these pictures..Enjoyed the mini trip to Virginia..since I'll probably never get there in person..beautiful countryside..and I bet in the fall when the trees are in full color is gorgeous! Nice hereford bull too!

In Co, the Pagosa Springs are a Ute Indian word for Healing Waters, similiar to your Cacapon word I suppose. That kind of stuff interests me.

Jassy said:
Thanks for posting these pictures..Enjoyed the mini trip to Virginia..since I'll probably never get there in person..beautiful countryside..and I bet in the fall when the trees are in full color is gorgeous! Nice hereford bull too!

The trees do get beautiful in the fall. I've seen Aspens in the Rockies in the fall too and I'm not sure which is prettier. They make for some nice Sunday afternoon drives. Last fall was so dry though we hardly had any color. The leaves just dried up and fell off.

The bull is not perfect but we like him pretty well.

Latest posts