• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Randy's Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
Anyone wanting to check out Randys sale online can @ www.teamauctionsales.com. Its free to register to watch!! Kinda neat to watch the sale online.Put that together with some great looking animals and its going to be very fun to watch! It starts at 2 pm central time today or 1 pm MTN time

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Anyone wanting to check out Randys sale online can @ www.teamauctionsales.com. Its free to register to watch!! Kinda neat to watch the sale online.Put that together with some great looking animals and its going to be very fun to watch!

I got it keyed up-- Also watching the old Prickly Pear Simmental sale on Superior...Now called 65 Roses Ranch--Another outfit that has been sold to out of state interests- their presale announcement said that all profits go to fighting cystic fibrosis.......

Looks like Randy did pretty good---- the ol Canuck Grump made enough off that Lot #4 to take that good looking sweet wife of his out on the town for steaks :wink: :lol: .... Nice looking bulls tho...Congratulations..

Northern Rancher-- You missed out on the Superior Sale-- they had several half simmi EXT sons you could have got :wink: :lol: ---You didn't even have to read the sire info when they started the video- you could just see the look in the eyes and the way they carried their heads...

redcountry said:
lot 17 came a close second not to bad at all

Note lot 24 and lot 32 will enjoy the sea breeze this summer in the Garden Province

regards red country

Good for you Red Country!!

Before the sale I picked out the two I liked best (black) of each breed, if I was buying for myself- Galloway was Lot 30 and sold for $3700-- Welsh was 31- $3600...

looks like only one bull is coming east, lot 24 was gave to someone else at the sale.
They called after the sale to say how sorry they were about the mixup, didnt offer free shipping or anything like that.

said it was the only error of the sale "just my luck"

I was just starting to trust this cotraption (computer) as father called it.
________
herbal vaporizers

redcountry said:
looks like only one bull is coming east, lot 24 was gave to someone else at the sale.
They called after the sale to say how sorry they were about the mixup, didnt offer free shipping or anything like that.

They had you listed on the TEAM website as the buyer of BOTH...

OT have the Butcher's sold out to somebody else at Gateway-I had a good day a few years back went to Stevenson's,Gateway and Boot Jack all in the same day. Jim Butcher struck me as knowing what he was up to.

Northern Rancher said:
OT have the Butcher's sold out to somebody else at Gateway-I had a good day a few years back went to Stevenson's,Gateway and Boot Jack all in the same day. Jim Butcher struck me as knowing what he was up to.

My mistake NR-- Should have been Prickly Pear Ranch--- Gateway had their sale earlier in the month and I had them on the brain......

OT-

I was shutout at Randys Sale, I took them up as high as I could go and they still brought a few more bucks. Hes goot good cattle and it really proved it today, they were in demand! Guess I m going to have to look for a Red Angus sire now.

redcountry said:

Was the screw up on the TEAM side or the auctioneer handling the sale? I personally know the young fella that looks after TEAM and they look after things pretty darn good.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
OT-

I was shutout at Randys Sale, I took them up as high as I could go and they still brought a few more bucks. Hes goot good cattle and it really proved it today, they were in demand! Guess I m going to have to look for a Red Angus sire now.

Used to be a Red Angus outfit straight north of me-- I think maybe around Assiniboia...Couple of the neighbors used to make the trip up together and have a 2 day party while telling the wives the rough time they were having selecting bulls, pick up 3-4 bulls....They really liked them because they were so easy calving......

Red country,

you must have tied with the onsite bidder. This definately IS NOT the fault of your computer or the staff of TEAM.

I just got off the phone with Randy. He was already half pickled. I wish I'd been there to pop the first top with him. I got called into work this weekend. :mad: Oh well, I know I've already got the best Galloway he ever raised right outside my kitchen window. 8) It's not that I was gonna go to spend any more cash, I just wanted to be there for the good times. He figures they averaged about $2850.

I think the buy of the sale was the 3 year old Ferguson of Lone Pine Galloway bull. He went for $1600 or somethin'. Far too good of a bull for that. Out of that old Fergie cow from the Brass Ring herd. Kenny Campbell did alotta negotiatin' to get that cow, and she's been well worth it. Ferguson was the first calf she had on Canadian soil.

Latest posts