• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

RCALF members buy Cdn Cattle - AGAIN!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

north 0f 49

Reaction score
What a surprise, these ethical pillars of the US beef industry(read vultures!)

This in todays Calgary Sun:

Tue, March 8, 2005
Low-cost cattle bought by U.S. ranchers
By CP

WASHINGTON -- Members of R-CALF, the U.S. ranchers' group that sued -- on safety grounds -- to keep the border closed to Canadian cattle, bought cheap cows in Canada after the devastating ban. That was the word yesterday from the group's president Leo McDonnell in Columbus, Mont.

"I don't see anything ironic about it. I didn't see it as a big deal," he said.

"There's a couple of them that have bought and fed cattle up there, three or four at most," a figure disputed by a Canadian feedlot owner who says it's higher.

Three of those U.S. ranchers have been significant contributors to R-CALF's litigation fund, McDonnell said, an endeavour focused squarely on keeping the border shut.

Some in Canada are furious, saying R-CALF members have exploited a crisis they helped to create.

"It's not illegal but their ethics are terrible," said an Ontario producer.

"I've had enough. I have no use for these guys."

Rick Pascal, a feedlot owner in Lethbridge, said group members "recognized an opportunity for their own personal economic gain.

"They were absolutely not concerned about food safety."

It should be open season on R-calfers! THe US is always worried about terrorists and here they have terrorists in there own country! AS GWB would say we'll smoke them outta all of there holes!

Can't you see that R-CALF is just trying to help us out during our time of troubles. Isn't that what Leo said last time?

north 0f 49 said:

Tue, March 8, 2005
By CP

WASHINGTON -- Members of R-CALF, the U.S. ranchers' group that sued -- on safety grounds -- to keep the border closed to Canadian cattle, bought cheap cows in Canada after the devastating ban. That was the word yesterday from the group's president Leo McDonnell in Columbus, Mont.

"There's a couple of them that have bought and fed cattle up there, three or four at most," a figure disputed by a Canadian feedlot owner who says it's higher.

Three of those U.S. ranchers have been significant contributors to R-CALF's litigation fund, McDonnell said, an endeavour focused squarely on keeping the border shut.

Some in Canada are furious, saying R-CALF members have exploited a crisis they helped to create.

Rick Pascal, a feedlot owner in Lethbridge, said group members "recognized an opportunity for their own personal economic gain.

I would like to hear the other side of this story,keeping in mind that some of these R CALFERS have been doing buisness in canada years,have family there,and belong to R CALF for any number of reasons...........good luck PS this kinda news sales papers you know that and so do I.

MR...It should be open season on R-calfers!

Why don't you come on down and open the season up? But that would take more guts than you probably have.

MR...AS GWB would say we'll smoke them outta all of there holes!

I am not hiding in a hole, come on down!!

Well I guess it wont be hard to find you Tommy boy! Well I think I ve got a lot more guts than R-calf winches, weve been inviting them up here for a long time but they cant face us face to face! :?

Wow Tommy, you must be a really tough guy!
Bet you're just the terror of the internet chat rooms too.
Probably said bad things to anyone you damn well chose to(thank god for computers).
We're sorry we pointed out your buddies complete lack of scruples, ethics and anything else that would make y'all worthwhile human beings!

Geez, don't invade or anything, eh!

HAY MAKER said:
north 0f 49 said:

Tue, March 8, 2005
By CP

I would like to hear the other side of this story,keeping in mind that some of these R CALFERS have been doing buisness in canada years,have family there,and belong to R CALF for any number of reasons...........good luck PS this kinda news sales papers you know that and so do I.

You already now the other side of the R-Calf story. Diseased Canadian beef....risk to US citizens health, etc.

THAT'S what really sells newspapers. Wait and see what happens when that tabloid of truth (The National Enquirer) starts printing about US cases. It will be interesting.

Latest posts