• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

re-bar post puller

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hayguy

Reaction score
does anyone have or built a puller to work on 3/8 inch re-bar posts?

something similar to the various T-post pullers out there, but that will work on the re-bar. Thanking everyone in advance for any input. Have about 400 to pull and my old back ain't what it used to be :wink: :lol:

Would a heavy flat washer welded to a chain hooked to a lever system similar to the T post puller work?

Work your head not your back. I'm sure you'll come up with something. :D :D

I have been thinking through one to bolt to a golf bag (used for putting posts out - can carry, throw in truck or hang on saddlehorn).
I was going to use a chain and just put a larger chain link (the screw together kind on the end.

Not the fastest method, but if you have a T-post puller, and a pair of Vise-Grips you're in business. If your thinking to use hydraulics, a length of 1/4" chain and two oversized splice links on the end should do the trick. I'd drop them over to "lock" on and yank them out.

up-date...and a question mostly for RSL but anyone can chime in.

ended up with a Princess Auto T-post puller on sale for 30$, works really well on re-bar,way better than the pipe wrench twist and pull method. pulled a few this am with a bit of frost, no problems. maybe a little heavy to carry but the bike or tracker does most of that :wink:

how do you get electric fence corner posts or anchor posts in,in frozen ground. or is there is there another method used for the winter short of using an old truck to tie to :lol:

hayguy said:
up-date...and a question mostly for RSL but anyone can chime in.

ended up with a Princess Auto T-post puller on sale for 30$, works really well on re-bar,way better than the pipe wrench twist and pull method. pulled a few this am with a bit of frost, no problems. maybe a little heavy to carry but the bike or tracker does most of that :wink:

how do you get electric fence corner posts or anchor posts in,in frozen ground. or is there is there another method used for the winter short of using an old truck to tie to :lol:
Most of our fences tie into other fences (permanent or I hand a roll off f barb wire perimeter fence. I have an old sprayer I converted into a solar waterer that is now powering a fencer for the winter. I will use it to tie off to as well. If I was in a totally remote area and had to put in an anchor post, I would either use sucker rod, chopped of to a 45 degree angle and just pound it in, or I would build a 3/4" rebar Y that I could pound in and let the arm of the y keep the post from bending. WE don't pull wire or rolls very tight in the winter, as the temp changes can really affect the wire, so it doesn't take much post to hold. Most of our cows won't touch a roll even without power.

Thanx RSL you've given me some more ideas to try. just getting ready in case we have to do some fencing in Jan :wink:

GM88 said:
What do you use for insulators on the 3/4 inch re bar
Speedrite sells big ones that work all the way up to sucker rod. The other method is to tie off with a white corner insulator. Usually we just us rolls in the winter time, so we use about 6" of that double insulated undergate wire.

Latest posts