• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ready to take a hammer to it......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
.......like Hillary Clinton destroying electronic devices.

JD 6195 has 4 annoying beeps every 4 to 8 seconds and a message about the EGR isn't communicating. Can't get the damn thing to shut up. Been going on for days. Hopefully a technician will show up before Christmas. It's taking a toll on my good disposition. Bah humbug.
At least it's not pouring oil out anywhere and everything still works......at reduced power it says, but not bad.

Those are for the good of the environment. The beep is to remind you that when you pay 200000 you still must comply. My old smoking junk, not so much.edit to chand 100 k to 200 k lol

So....... what I have a hard time figuring out how they are so good for the environment, is the amount of fuel that these heavily emissioned machines use, especially when you pour the cobs to them. Tractors and windrowers, probably everything. Seems like a better deal for the oil companies, refineries, retailers, tax coffers, not to mention the money to produce and maintain, and pour DEF into, all that extra hardware. Whatever it takes to save the planet, I suppose. Beep Beep Beep Beep ************!

Lol my folks are in the appliance business. It's much the same. All new refrigerators have a compressor about the size of a squirrel ear. Won't last till you get all the stickers off. Old less efficient ones were so heavy built the lasted 50 years.
I think there is some savings in an item lasting a long time. New refrigerators and tractors won't last long. Can't be too good for the environment or my wallet.

I have a 2 year old refrigerator that I had to call the repairman for. It is Kenmore Elite with an LG something inside.
Was hard to get the $800 part for and they sent him the wrong one first....luckily we have a wonderful repairman here. He says they are built to last 5 years and toalways get the extended warranty. I never do that, but the salesman
that we bought the refrigerator from encouraged me to do so. The repairman said right now KitchenAid, Bosch and Frigidare are the best appliances.

redrobin said:
Lol my folks are in the appliance business. It's much the same. All new refrigerators have a compressor about the size of a squirrel ear. Won't last till you get all the stickers off. Old less efficient ones were so heavy built the lasted 50 years.
I think there is some savings in an item lasting a long time. New refrigerators and tractors won't last long. Can't be too good for the environment or my wallet.
Are they doing retail as well as service? It seems like big retail chains, and big home improvement retailers are selling a lot of appliances without having any onsite repair or warranty service, from my limited observations. Is that all working out?

Maybe they ought to make cruise ships and jet planes use DEF......then cut the power if something goes wrong. Seems fair.

Traveler said:
redrobin said:
Are they doing retail as well as service? It seems like big retail chains, and big home improvement retailers are selling a lot of appliances without having any onsite repair or warranty service, from my limited observations. Is that all working out?

We are fortunate to have a Sears HomeTown Store here that has their own appliance repair person, who in turn has his own business. Everyone seems happy so I don't question it. The owner of Sears Hometown Store has another repair man in the town south of us so he is really trying to accomodate people. The owner of Sears Hometown said he just got access to 400 more appliances than he has ever had before. He does a great business....again, we are fortunate.

It's fixed! It's no longer beeping! It's no longer destroying the planet! It's a Christmas miracle!

For the most reliable appliances, check with your closest rent to own joint and see what brands they are carrying. They "should" be the most trouble free, since those places aren't really wanting to get a rental repaired every little whipstitch. Hard for them to make any $ that way.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

Traveler said:
It's fixed! It's no longer beeping! It's no longer destroying the planet! It's a Christmas miracle!
It is a nice tractor. Some of this new stuff is obnoxious while some other stuff greatly aids our old , wire out bodies.

I don't believe that the small compressors on refrigerators is a problem, except that Amana has had a history of bad compressors. Frigidaire has had a problem with gas leaks. But the circuit boards will be obsolete and after 20 years (or less) they will be hard to find.
And then being able to trouble shoot various problems will take some experience.

Latest posts