• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

really annoying

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
Recently while coming into the office and seeing Hanta Yo fervently typing out some reply on ranchers.net, I found a new and even more annoying distraction. She is always typing about 500 words a minute and making fun of my 10. I walked up and started typing with both hands on her thigh making clicking sounds complete with the return sound of a typewriter. Worked like a charm, she could not type a whole word or correctly spell "THE", so my typing frenzy increased til she could not do much but laugh. She even forgot what she was trying to post. Now the bad part, every time I teach someone a new trick, they use it one me, I have been the key board everytime I try to reply on these boards tonight. Guess my annoyance got the best of me :roll:

hahaha too funny sw. Reminds me of my "ole bat of a typin teacher" back in high school......be typin along just fine, till she walked up behind me..then couldnt type didly without makin a mistake. But the reason was, that woman carried a yardstick, and if she seen you glance down at the keys (which were blank, no letters on em) she'd wack you across the knuckles with that yardstick. To this day if someone walks up behind me when I"m typin, I screw up.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
hahaha too funny sw. Reminds me of my "ole bat of a typin teacher" back in high school......be typin along just fine, till she walked up behind me..then couldnt type didly without makin a mistake. But the reason was, that woman carried a yardstick, and if she seen you glance down at the keys (which were blank, no letters on em) she'd wack you across the knuckles with that yardstick. To this day if someone walks up behind me when I"m typin, I screw up.

I think it's called "conditional reflex". While driving along in our daily routines, we cross several cattle guards. Other names for these devices are "run-overs" or "auto-gates". They consist of horizontal pipes over a dug-out hole that vehicles can be driven over, but livestock doesn't cross. The old auto gates were pretty narrow, and mothers always told their children to keep their arms and elbows inside the vehicle when crossing them, because the fence on each side could hurt as they passed by. Most auto gates now are considerably wider, but one fellow I know (our night calver) still instinctively pulls his arm inside the vehicle each time the vehicle passes over, even if the fence is six feet away. His mother must have really pounded in the lesson. :wink:

sw said:
Recently while coming into the office and seeing Hanta Yo fervently typing out some reply on ranchers.net, I found a new and even more annoying distraction. She is always typing about 500 words a minute and making fun of my 10. I walked up and started typing with both hands on her thigh making clicking sounds complete with the return sound of a typewriter. Worked like a charm, she could not type a whole word or correctly spell "THE", so my typing frenzy increased til she could not do much but laugh. She even forgot what she was trying to post. Now the bad part, every time I teach someone a new trick, they use it one me, I have been the key board everytime I try to reply on these boards tonight. Guess my annoyance got the best of me :roll:

HAHAHAHAHA!! sounds like you and cowboyup went to the same school of keyboarding.... :shock: He gets pretty frustrated himself when it takes him a month of sundays to type out his posting....only to look up at the monitor and see that "something went wrong" and nothing he typed is there!! :lol:

Faster horses said:
Hey Soapweed, your post about cattle guards, reminded me that Clinton wanted to fire them all at one time at one time. :wink:

He thought they were costing the government too much money.

Remember that?

But one of his advisor's thought maybe they could be retrained to do something of a more useful nature. :)

I think it's called "conditional reflex"

I like to watch people play video games and they twist and swerve all over in the chair trying to "help" the guy on the tv screen do better.....
or when he is supposed to jump they poke the button and quickly jerk thier arms up like they are giving him a boost.....

Yeah, well sw can't type when I do the keyboard thing on his leg. I also duck when I park in those high rise garages...ceiling is just a little bit too low for my comfort. :)

The only reflex I do any more is when I put the brake on hard , I put my arm out to keep the passenger from moving. Guess it is from having the kids ride in the front seat. Funny thing is Morgan is bigger than me.

Latest posts