• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Really busy but not to busy to post a few pics.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
All this fall work seems to overtake our lives at this time of year for those of us that can get an early dose of winter. Checking my cows usually gives me time to relax a bit and smell the roses but on this last check there was hardly time to take a picture or two. So here goes the pics of the last few days. Scroll fast and you will be up to speed. :wink:
Sept2011221.jpg

The cows were spread all over this section in small groups or pairs.
Sept2011228.jpg

Sept2011231.jpg

Too tired for my caption imagination to kick in. You will have to use your own imagination.
Sept2011241.jpg

Sept2011240.jpg

Sept2011247.jpg

A little winter feed waiting for winter.
Sept2011255.jpg

Banked but not money in the bank until it is used. Fire will be a bit of a risk this year.
Sept2011256.jpg

This other winter feeding program is why I am tired.
Sept2011258.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous. One of these days we are going to take a month and just tour the ranches on Ranchers!!! Years ago, Dad tried bunching cornstalks with the combine. Guess I must not have been to impressed with it 'cause I don't remember anything, other then digging the combine out, when I dropped the back end in ruts, and plugged it from the back to the front. Long story for another time.

Great pictures! I'd love to be riding in country like that checking cows.

hypocritexposer said:
new snow in the mountains? Was that first pic taken about a week ago?

I noticed some new snow about then.
The cow pics were all taken Monday. They got snowy last week sometime and that peak is usually the first to get snow and the last to loose it. It was a bit of a navigational aid back in my flying days. From my place if you head straight for it in a plane and pass it on the north then a quick decent you are in Fairmount on the golf course in less than an hour. The bonus part was there was about a 50% chance of getting fogged in there and having to wait it out at the Hot Springs. Oh the good old days. :)

For a dim-witted golfer, your sure are blessed with ranching at a spectacularly beautiful place. :wink: I'd love to spend a day riding around that country just wiping the drool off of my chin and admiring all the grass. :D

beautiful pics Per, a little dust on the rocks only reminds us of whats to come. hopefully not as much or as long as last winter. am trying to figure out where to strategically place some snow fence :lol: :lol: :mad:

Happy Harvesting

GM88 said:
That 4 picture is really nice . How are you bunching piles behind your swather.
Behind the combine using a Jones buncher. Hayguy how about coming on one of those cow checking tours with me sometime? Blessed for sure H that my ancestors had vision.

nortexsook said:
Evidently my forefathers were as smart as a bag of hammers!
There might be so hidden potential like oil or gravel or kryptonite hidden right there under your feet. I will say rain makes good grass farmers out of all of us. I truly do feel for you guys suffering an epic drought.

I wanted to show some pictures of 'dust on the rocks' last year,
per, but photobucket kept failing me today.

I couldn't agree more that your country is truly beautiful, even
in snow. We had a blast!! We didn't make it this year because of
family health problems, but we will try again in 2012.

I'm gonna give photobucket one more try...if it works I'll post
some Sept. 2010 pictures...as a reminder... :D

Ok, it worked! Sept. 2010

047-4.jpg

055-2.jpg

The Cowboys:

054-1.jpg

Going home
066-4.jpg

Great pics Per, I agree about the scenery you have daily, beautiful. Country and cows . :D

I can't believe that was last Sept FH, and now we are heading into the end of Sept with temps we really haven't seen all summer, a high of 30c for this Sunday which is about 87 f .

Dim-witted golfer huh? Why I oughta....... Someday Per I'm going to plan a vacation or some kind of trip to come see you. Then we can talk about all the non golfers on here while we're getting in a round or two. :lol: :wink:

per said:
GM88 said:
That 4 picture is really nice . How are you bunching piles behind your swather.
Behind the combine using a Jones buncher. Hayguy how about coming on one of those cow checking tours with me sometime? Blessed for sure H that my ancestors had vision.

it would be an honour and priviledge

Latest posts