• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Recent photos, September 14, 2010

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
RuralRoutegroupofladiessingingatWillowTree.jpg

"Rural Route," a group of very talented lady singers performing at the Willow Tree Festival in Gordon, Nebraska
BoothsattheWillowTreeFestival.jpg

Craft booths at the Willow Tree
WhatusedtobetheGordonClinic.jpg

What used to be the Gordon Clinic when I was a very young boy. There was a Norman Rockwell picture hanging on the wall there
that always scared me to see. It was of a boy about my size standing on a chair with his britches down, and a doctor was just ready
to poke him in the backside with a large syringe. Sure made stepping in that office a somewhat queasy occasion every time. :?
Cowsandcalvesbythelake.jpg

Cows and calves by the lake
Oneoftheyounggirls.jpg

One of the young girls
Anotherone-1.jpg

Another one
Earsintheair.jpg

Ears in the air
Preconditioningcalvestoday.jpg

Preconditioned calves today
Allsteersinthisbunch.jpg

All steers in this bunch
Mixeddrink.jpg

Mixed drink
Mixeddrinkers.jpg

Mixed drinkers
Cowgirlcontemplation.jpg

Cowgirl contemplation
Shutterofthegate.jpg

Shutter of the gate
Viewfromahighhill-2.jpg

View from a high hill, looking north

TXTibbs said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
In that "Shutter of the Gate" it looks like the fence just ends but I think I got it figured out. :D

That pasture on the right looks lizard licked!

The photos, "Mixed drinkers," "Cowgirl contemplation," and "Shutter of the gate," were all taken one right after the other while astride my Yellowstone horse. This shows that there are two tanks side by side being both watered from a four inch well. The gate shuts where the lever is hanging down by the yellow brace. It is a bit "lizard licked," because to the right is a water lot and a place where cattle can be penned while being worked. It does get a lot of use. Not to mention this whole local area is very dry. Just about any direction from us has had an abundance of rain this summer, but we've missed many good chances in the last two months. Even last night a significant rain went by to the south and headed east.

Buyer said:
Is that Jean Vackiner on the piano?

Yes it is, and she is very talented. One time she was in a mellerdrama and played the part of about four different characters, each a completely dissimilar personality. All parts were played to perfection.

Latest posts