• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Reclaimed stripmine land

Help Support Ranchers.net:

bar o ranch

Reaction score
2011-07-29_134206.jpg

My ride for today.

2011-07-29_140441.jpg

This hay ground is all reclaimed strip mine land, purchased by folks who have a small horse farm. We used to run cattle here years ago, but the landowners at that time were offered payments if they allowed trees to be planted and not used for anything else. The trees are mostly dead, and the only thing growing well is autumn olive, not much good to anyone.[/img]

We did the hay on shares, the owners' horses got into the hay they stacked from yesterday.

2011-07-29_135410.jpg

The little bay is for sale, we may try him out. He seems like a nice fellow - a nice addition to our remuda

IMG]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/Fallenhero29/2011-07-29_135432.jpg[/IMG]

That stripped ground is the flattest ground we've got to work with around here...takes it a few years to get going depending on well it was reclaimed but sure turns out pretty useful...good luck with the autumn olive...give em a little taste of Crossbow...they turn a nice permanent shade of brown.

Latest posts