• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Record Keeping

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Little red beef book. Best thing I can find. Easy to carry around.

Ranch Manager. Got a new ipad mini for Christmas and put it in a super strong case so it can ride on the quad during calving. It's nice to have the information with you sometimes.

Write it down in a calving book, AI book, Big Chief notepad then transfer all to CowSense. Hasn't been an easy program to operate but they are coming out with a new and updated version in the next month or two that I have seen in a demonstration. I like it, but then I'm a little weird and don't mind computer work. :shock:

I use a red book too, but am trying the trial version of CattleMax. So far, I like it a lot but it requires an internet connection to work. I wanted something that would be on my ipad, phone, and computer, and something that would also be available on Jim's computer as well. I plan on entering the calves and taking pics of their moms with my phone as I tag this spring.

Latest posts