• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

red heifers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kbar2

Reaction score
seems like posting pictures of and talking about replacement females is popular right now so I will give it a try?! here are some pictures of mine I took yesterday.
300.jpg

301.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

Thank you!!!! Heifers are all sired by red angus bulls that I have purchased from Pieper red angus out of Nebraska or AI sired from bulls out of their herd bull battery. The VGW Game Plan sons that I have owned left me alot of good females! The heifer with the dark colored head traces back to a Sams Prospector son. They are all commercial heifers so none have an exact pedigree!!!

With those genetics, and the great phenotype that those heifers have in my opinion, they should make OUTSTANDING cows

So this is why you couldn't come to the Bull Bash? Too busy putting pictures on here.....And you told me your tractor gelled up.... I see how you are. Bye the way the heifers look great, but they will look even better when they are in the Sandhills.

Thanks to all for the compliments. And WP did you notice the time posted??? Thankfully by then things were back to functioning normally! Or as close to normal as ever!!!

Just for the record I am half done calving already. Hey, Lisa says she is selling her little gray horse. He would make you an excellent calving horse, seeing as he is close to the ground.

Very observant WP!!! If you look close you will also see the red longhorn! For those who don't know the longhorns originate from WP's ranch. By the way does it feel good to be half done calvin already? Is the new one a heifer? Looked dark colored in Lisa's picture!!

Yep, she is a heifer. Black other then a bit of white on her back. It is good to be half done, but was kinda embarrassing to have Shane with me when we found the calf. I didn't think the old girl was gonna calve for another week.

I see her. 4th picture, on the right. She still isn't as big as the white one, and is 2 months older. Guess the Correntie is coming out in her.[/b]

Honestly have never seen their bulls in person. I do get their catalog and look through it every year and they have great lookin cattle with good numbers behind them. I have seen some calves sired by their bulls come through the sale barn both as feeders and fat cattle and will say that they were good lookin cattle.

Latest posts