• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Relax Boys

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
John McCain and Sara Palin are going to get rid of all those bought off cronies in our govt agancies. If that's posible I wish them godspeed.

cedardell said:
John McCain and Sara Palin are going to get rid of all those bought off cronies in our govt agancies. If that's posible I wish them godspeed.

I do too. I know John McCain has to run to the right to catch the base. The problem is that some of the crooks like Phil Gramm are staying close at hand, possibly to go on to high appointed position like Sec. of Treasury.

It doesn't matter how much change you have at the top when the appointed people who run the agencies are as incompetent or corrupt as Phil Gramm.

Palin fired her govt. supplied driver and drove herself. I wonder what she would have done to Giuliani after finding out that he had the govt. drive around his girlfriend on the taxpayer's dollar. Oh, I know, give him a speaking position at the convention.

Well- just my personal opinion- but from the 30 years of Big Money Lobbyist ties John McCain has had ("Foreclosure Phil" Gramm included) and has, I would guess the next Secretary of Agriculture would be John Tyson, the AMI President, or the CEO of Monsanto... :( :(

OT, did you check out the lobbyist son of Joe Biden?

Or are you favoring no candiates in this election?

mrj

mrj said:
OT, did you check out the lobbyist son of Joe Biden?

Or are you favoring no candiates in this election?

mrj

Do you mean Bidens son who is a JAG Officer and that is going to Iraq :???:

None of the Above-- but anything would be better than more of the same...We need a change in the corporate fascist direction this country is going...

And how does the son going to Iraq make Biden a better VP candidate than Palin whose son has also is going there?

No, I meant another son of Biden who is a lobbyist with some questionable activities to be explained.

You've been listening to those 'black helicopter' groups again! They are the ones who insist corporate businesses are "facist".

Don't you know there are quite a number of people in this country who have investments in corporations who need the income from those so called obscene profits????

mrj

mrj said:
And how does the son going to Iraq make Biden a better VP candidate than Palin whose son has also is going there?

Doesn't-- just want to keep you fair and balanced.... :wink:

No, I meant another son of Biden who is a lobbyist with some questionable activities to be explained.

Maybe you will fill me in- All I know is that his corporation is being sued, which in the corporate world is a daily occurence...

So you disagree with McCain/Obama and think that candidates families and kids are fair game to be attacked :???: I suppose your old enough to believe that "abstinence only" works well :???:

You've been listening to those 'black helicopter' groups again! They are the ones who insist corporate businesses are "facist".

Corporate businesses aren't fascist-- government controlled by Corporate business is ....

Don't you know there are quite a number of people in this country who have investments in corporations who need the income from those so called obscene profits????

Correct- And both I and my wife have investments in many...Nothing wrong with that...But when Corporates get the power to influence government to manipulate which ones profit and which ones don't- thats when you have a problem...
Remember Creekstone....

mrj

OT, when are you going to start being "fair and balanced"? Truly, that will be a rare event, judging by your posts on this site.

Of course, the story about Biden's son the lobbyist having problems didn't get much media time, but was glossed over a bit in some stories when Joe Biden was elevated to VP candidate.

I've never hidden the fact that I'm 68, whatever that has to do with beliefs about birth control. FACT "protected" sex, by whatever method other than abortion, has resulted in way too many babies!!!!

It just might be interesting to see a comparison between protected sex and abstinence and which method of birth control results in more pregnancies.

Since Bidens' son is an adult and a lobbyist, he certainly IS "fair game". Most especially so when the "game" is exposing political schemes.

You whine about government "controlled by" corporations.....yet don't show proven acts showing such acts.

Creekstone is not an example of anyone trying to stop their profitable business operations. It IS an example of USDA saying they cannot allow an independent business to conduct BSE testing, for which USDA is responsible. How could USDA remain responsible for the tests when they would not be under their control????

The excesses and greed of (mostly Democrat) operatives involved in this morgage and loan mess, which dates back to government policy from back in the Clinton years, is the real financial threat to our country. We dare not let them default, yet the costs to all taxpayers and our private enterprise system will be horrendous.

mrj

mrj said:
Since Bidens' son is an adult and a lobbyist, he certainly IS "fair game". Most especially so when the "game" is exposing political schemes.

So that must mean if we are Fair and Balanced- that McCains son is "fair game" too- eh :???:

Bank Failure Count: 2008's 11th bank fails, McCain's son was director
Posted Sep 6th 2008 10:05AM by Peter Cohan

In what I feared might become a regular feature here, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) arranged for the takeover of the 11th failed bank of 2008 on Friday. As I posted, the FDIC likes to close banks on Friday after hours so they can reopen as branches of the acquiring bank on the following Monday morning. According to the Associated Press, the bank in question is Nevada's Silver State Bank.
Nevada State Bank of Las Vegas will take over the insured deposits of Silver State -- which had $2 billion in assets and $1.7 billion in deposits at the end of June. AP reports that "[Silver State's] branches will reopen Monday as offices of Nevada State Bank in Nevada and National Bank of Arizona in Arizona."

John McCain's son, Andrew, who is also CFO of his mom's beer distributorship, "sat on the boards of Silver State Bank and of its parent, Silver State Bancorp, starting in February but resigned in July citing 'personal reasons.' Andrew McCain also was a member of the bank's audit committee, responsible for oversight of the company's accounting," according to AP.

You whine about government "controlled by" corporations.....yet don't show proven acts showing such acts.

Creekstone is not an example of anyone trying to stop their profitable business operations. It IS an example of USDA saying they cannot allow an independent business to conduct BSE testing, for which USDA is responsible. How could USDA remain responsible for the tests when they would not be under their control????

Its an example of pandering to the Big Packer Lobbyists- which has continually went on thruout this current administration- but you can't see it...Much of the federal and state testing has been privatized for years- so that is a sad excuse....You'd think a "good old boy" Repub like you claim to be would be cheering on "privatization"... :wink:

The excesses and greed of (mostly Democrat) operatives involved in this morgage and loan mess, which dates back to government policy from back in the Clinton years, is the real financial threat to our country. We dare not let them default, yet the costs to all taxpayers and our private enterprise system will be horrendous.

The laws that caused most of this mortgage and loan mess- along with some of the problems with the high oil costs, speculation, and oil hoarding came about because of mostly changes during the end of Clintons term (99-2000) - you are correct...They were fathered by Senator Phil Gramm (earning him the name "Foreclosure Phil"- who is now McCains #1 "economic advisor" and believed annointed choice as Treasury Secretary) and passed thru a Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by Clinton- and then augmented by GW's policy of telling his regulators to "take an 8 year vacation" and do no policing- just as was testified by the PSA Investigators who were told to "do nothing but shuffle papers to make it look good"......
Theres plenty of blame to go to both "cults"- the reason we need a change in the way D.C. operates...

And I agree- you and I will be paying for this past 7 years for the rest of our lives- along with our kids and grandkids...
:(

mrj

Oldtimer said:
mrj said:

So that must mean if we are Fair and Balanced- that McCains son is "fair game" too- eh :???:

Bank Failure Count: 2008's 11th bank fails, McCain's son was director
Posted Sep 6th 2008 10:05AM by Peter Cohan

In what I feared might become a regular feature here, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) arranged for the takeover of the 11th failed bank of 2008 on Friday. As I posted, the FDIC likes to close banks on Friday after hours so they can reopen as branches of the acquiring bank on the following Monday morning. According to the Associated Press, the bank in question is Nevada's Silver State Bank.
Nevada State Bank of Las Vegas will take over the insured deposits of Silver State -- which had $2 billion in assets and $1.7 billion in deposits at the end of June. AP reports that "[Silver State's] branches will reopen Monday as offices of Nevada State Bank in Nevada and National Bank of Arizona in Arizona."

John McCain's son, Andrew, who is also CFO of his mom's beer distributorship, "sat on the boards of Silver State Bank and of its parent, Silver State Bancorp, starting in February but resigned in July citing 'personal reasons.' Andrew McCain also was a member of the bank's audit committee, responsible for oversight of the company's accounting," according to AP.

Its an example of pandering to the Big Packer Lobbyists- which has continually went on thruout this current administration- but you can't see it...Much of the federal and state testing has been privatized for years- so that is a sad excuse....You'd think a "good old boy" Repub like you claim to be would be cheering on "privatization"... :wink:

The laws that caused most of this mortgage and loan mess- along with some of the problems with the high oil costs, speculation, and oil hoarding came about because of mostly changes during the end of Clintons term (99-2000) - you are correct...They were fathered by Senator Phil Gramm (earning him the name "Foreclosure Phil"- who is now McCains #1 "economic advisor" and believed annointed choice as Treasury Secretary) and passed thru a Republican controlled Congress and signed into law by Clinton- and then augmented by GW's policy of telling his regulators to "take an 8 year vacation" and do no policing- just as was testified by the PSA Investigators who were told to "do nothing but shuffle papers to make it look good"......
Theres plenty of blame to go to both "cults"- the reason we need a change in the way D.C. operates...

And I agree- you and I will be paying for this past 7 years for the rest of our lives- along with our kids and grandkids...

mrj

Touche' Otimer but I am afraid you've wasted your breath. :roll:

OT, your crystal ball must work better than I've given it credit for. How else could you so often drop your trash into this site when I'm spending all my time cooking for cowboys. This is surely "hell week" with four long, hard days of working calves and ultra-sounding hiefers.

Re. Andrew McCain, your 'story' is a bit short on facts: is he guilty of any misdeeds, or even of poor judgement??? We don't know from this story, do we? For all we KNOW, he may have resigned in protest of their activities.

Was he asked to resign? Were there other directors who resigned? Why did the bank get into trouble? Was it one of those who loaned money to people poicies dictated deserved to buy homes, whether they really could afford it or not?

There simply is too little information to make a reasonable verdict on him.

IF he is proven guilty of anything illegal, he certainly should, and most likely will be punished.

Until then, this is another of your trumped up political fantasies.

Re. Creekstone, you have no PROOF, it is only your (and R-CALFs) HOPE that there is "pandering".

I'm certainly on the side of privatization, but testing of animals for serious diseases with tests that are not really reliable (how many false positives would it take to mess up our market, since some of your cohorts insist it damages our markets every time Canada has a positive) in the hands of people not under control of USDA. But you knew that.

I think you are incorrect in the time frame of those home loans. Some say it dates back to Carter. I know darn well there were plenty of govt loans that built homes in rural towns way before the Clinton Admin. AND there have always been liberal Republicans who join with your Dem. friends, to bring money into various industries, with housing being just one of them.

BTW, where is your validation for "GW's policy of TELLING his regulators to take an 8 year vacation and do no policing"? Was it in sworn testimony that GWB himself said that?

mrj

mrj said:
OT, your crystal ball must work better than I've given it credit for. How else could you so often drop your trash into this site when I'm spending all my time cooking for cowboys. This is surely "hell week" with four long, hard days of working calves and ultra-sounding hiefers.
Re. Andrew McCain, your 'story' is a bit short on facts: is he guilty of any misdeeds, or even of poor judgement??? We don't know from this story, do we? For all we KNOW, he may have resigned in protest of their activities.

Was he asked to resign? Were there other directors who resigned? Why did the bank get into trouble? Was it one of those who loaned money to people poicies dictated deserved to buy homes, whether they really could afford it or not?

There simply is too little information to make a reasonable verdict on him.

Correct- but neither is there any facts or evidence pointing to Bidens son being quilty of any misdeeds either-- but you seemed to think his was a big issue.. More Hypocrisy

IF he is proven guilty of anything illegal, he certainly should, and most likely will be punished.

Until then, this is another of your trumped up political fantasies.

Re. Creekstone, you have no PROOF, it is only your (and R-CALFs) HOPE that there is "pandering".

I'm certainly on the side of privatization, but testing of animals for serious diseases with tests that are not really reliable (how many false positives would it take to mess up our market, since some of your cohorts insist it damages our markets every time Canada has a positive) in the hands of people not under control of USDA. But you knew that.

Maxine- most every test run anymore- from your lab tests on your blood to urine tests for drivers/pilots to DNA tests for animal identification are done by a private lab-- and some of those tests give false results on first testing.. All a person can do is use the highest quality test available- which I understood Creekstone was going to do....
And as far as I'm concerned the refusal to allow Creekstone and others to test did more harm to consumer confidence than what an occasional "false positive" might cause- which could easily be negated by a policy of not releasing any info until confirmation tests were done...

I think you are incorrect in the time frame of those home loans. Some say it dates back to Carter. I know darn well there were plenty of govt loans that built homes in rural towns way before the Clinton Admin. AND there have always been liberal Republicans who join with your Dem. friends, to bring money into various industries, with housing being just one of them.

The majority of the laws/regulation changes went into effect in the late 90's- 2000....There are several article out there about it- but this is about the easiest to understand:
http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2008/07/foreclosure-phil.html

BTW, where is your validation for "GW's policy of TELLING his regulators to take an 8 year vacation and do no policing"? Was it in sworn testimony that GWB himself said that?

That was the testimony of a former CFTC commisioner under oath to Congress...And the testimony about the PSA investigators being told "to do nothing but shuffle paper" was under oath to Congressional Investigators....
It has become quite apparent to me that oaths and sworn testimony mean nothing to GWB- as he certainly forgot his most important one to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

mrj

Latest posts