• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Remember when

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
In total there are 51 users online :: 6 Registered, 2 Hidden and 43 Guests   [ Administrator ]   [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 739 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:45 pm
Registered Users: Buyer, Cowpuncher, HAY MAKER, Lonecowboy, RSL, wdcook

Ole Ranchersnet was really rocking back then
And could be again , with a few changes
Good luck

You're right Haymaker, it was pretty fun back then. I remember the record setting day. Probably should have been out in the calving pasture though.
What changes do you have in mind?

anyone else remember the way it used to be ? 700+ here ?
ever wish it was like it used to be or are you happy it is like it is ?
good luck

PS I often have wondered what Macon had in mind and if this is that ?

per said:
You're right Haymaker, it was pretty fun back then. I remember the record setting day. Probably should have been out in the calving pasture though.
What changes do you have in mind?
well as you can see per, not much interest in change, I reckon that's the way they want it.
Ranchersnet used to be like Tombstone or Dodge city before the law came, wide open and hell bent for leather, ladies here got indignant once and demanded we have one day of no fighting, they called in :fightless friday and boy you better not start anything on that day those ole gals would jump on you from every direction.
I dont think Ranchernet will ever be like it was too many folks compained and the moderators came and civilized Ranchersnet and what we have now with the majority of the ruffians gone is a nice quite peaceful board, some might even call it boring.
good luck

I don't know if I'd call it boring. Could be something else.

Is it just my imagination or has it become meaner around here? Some of the bashing of people with different political leanings seems pretty harsh. It's one thing to disagree, but it seems there's a lot of name calling and insults going on. Nasty stuff, too.

I don't remember that from back when. We used to be able to disagree without resorting to personal attacks. Disagreeing for the sake of a good honest argument is much more fun. There's no need to insult people.

And then there's flounder............ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kato said:

Is it just my imagination or has it become meaner around here? Some of the bashing of people with different political leanings seems pretty harsh. It's one thing to disagree, but it seems there's a lot of name calling and insults going on. Nasty stuff, too.

I don't remember that from back when. We used to be able to disagree without resorting to personal attacks. Disagreeing for the sake of a good honest argument is much more fun. There's no need to insult people.

Well I think the house rules are Bull & political are pretty much uncensored with the exception of profanity and even that is tolerated to a degree, My old pappy used to tell me "Boy if you wanna make friends never talk money religion or politics" and that is why I try to stay away from the political page well that and I aint educated enough to converse with those folks.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Kato said:

Well I think the house rules are Bull & political are pretty much uncensored with the exception of profanity and even that is tolerated to a degree, My old pappy used to tell me "Boy if you wanna make friends never talk money religion or politics" and that is why I try to stay away from the political page well that and I aint educated enough to converse with those folks.
good luck

That didn't keep you out of Bull session. :?

Glad you kick-started this Hay Maker. I have a feeling that most are like me right now, busy and too nonchalant to post on topics we normally would.

Now in your case, if you were to quit chasin' them ol' neighborhood hens, maybe we would see you more often. :wink: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
Kato said:

good luck

That didn't keep you out of Bull session. :?

You dont hafta be educated to talk to packer employee's, you oughta know that.
good luck

Latest posts