• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Reminton model 600 or 788?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I beleive that dad's rifle is a Rem. 600 in a .308. The only thing that a guy'd want to change if he were to use it in the hills and sand and the likes is get it in a blt action, ot a pump. Other than that, its a solid gun.

A 600 is a bolt action -their both good rifles BMR -you saw the same add I did I think. I'm trying to convince Shauna I need that 600 lol. I just bought a 788 in .243 for SAra sweet little gun. That 600 is a bolt action carbine kind of like the new Remington 673's.

Oops, my mistake.... I can't go look either, cause it's gettin tuned. lol. I thought it was a 600 :? :???:

Ohwell, you know better than i do. lol

The 600 in .308 is gonna be a more than slight "Kicker", with the short barrel and light weight.

The 600's are subject to a factory recall that removes the "bolt blocker". It has been said that they can fire at will when the safety is halfway between fire and safe. (I've not seen it happen though.)

These 600's are fine guns except for the short barrel. (which is a matter of opinion)

I personally like it better than the 788, but that's a matter of opinion also.

The rarest 600 is a .223 cal. The .308 is the most common, just ahead of the .243.

Value is probably around $500 -$600- depending on condition.
Down here that is.

The XP-100 Remington pistol is the same action as the 600. (with the little "crooked" bolt)
Buy all the true single-shots (without magazine) you can get in this version. They are a hot, hot item down here for building a rifle around.

Latest posts