• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

renting bulls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
One of my regular bull customers is wondering about renting a bull as he is planning on down sizing this fall and doesn't want to invest to much in bulls. Wondering about buying 2 and renting 1. The only way I would rent one is a older bull and haul him to sale barn after 60 days.

What's a fair rent rate?

Anybody rent out bulls or rent to use?

I have a friend who rents bulls every year. I believe he pays around $1500-$1600 per bull for around 90 days of service.

I don't know if my arrangement makes sense, but I will rent a bull out under the understanding that the animal never comes back to my place. I will rent the same bull to the person for $500 a year and they have to provide room and board for the entire year. When they are done with him I get the salvage value, if there is any left. I have only done this a handful of times and it is more to help someone out rather than as a money maker. One of the bulls I rented out was on a place for a couple of years and then broke his leg. Obviously there wasn't much salvage value there. The other agreements I have heard about are similar to the one 3Rancher mentioned, but I don't have any direct experience with that.

Latest posts