• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Republican party can recover!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

littlejoe

Reaction score
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republican-party-could-recover-as-early-as-2096-experts-say?mbid=nl_100816%20Borowitz%20Newsletter%20(1)&CNDID=24423486&spMailingID=9656863&spUserID=MTMzMTgyNDE0OTIzS0&spJobID=1020626678&spReportId=MTAyMDYyNjY3OAS2

Well hopefully they use the next four years of not being in power more wisely than the last eight.

Silver said:
Well hopefully they use the next four years of not being in power more wisely than the last eight.

They blocked an awful lot of Left Wing legislation and for that they get a thumbs up. They also get kudo's for winning a record number of SCOTUS decisions (Some were unanimous). Not to mention the huge number of Bills Harry Reid has in the file cabinet for fear of not passing a vote.

The biggest fiascos were the Continuing Resolution extensions and Reid changing the Senate rules to include the Nuclear Option when he needed it. But the House & Senate did all they could do.

We really got off easy except for all the Executive Power stretching.

Mike said:
Silver said:

They blocked an awful lot of Left Wing legislation and for that they get a thumbs up. They also get kudo's for winning a record number of SCOTUS decisions (Some were unanimous). Not to mention the huge number of Bills Harry Reid has in the file cabinet for fear of not passing a vote.

The biggest fiascos were the Continuing Resolution extensions and Reid changing the Senate rules to include the Nuclear Option when he needed it. But the House & Senate did all they could do.

I was referring more to finding a way to make themselves electable in a general election.

Silver said:
Mike said:
Silver said:

I was referring more to finding a way to make themselves electable in a general election.

That's on the Media's back.

Blame whomever you like. Nominating Donny the Clown didn't help the cause either. Hell, he may have been the only American alive who could NOT beat Hillary. But like I said, I really hope the GOP uses the next four years wisely.

Silver said:
Blame whomever you like. Nominating Donny the Clown didn't help the cause either. Hell, he may have been the only American alive who could NOT beat Hillary. But like I said, I really hope the GOP uses the next four years wisely.
I guarantee the media will come up with BS on any Republican candidate and run with it, as will they become active participants in debates. They did it to Romney, Bush, and they would have done so to any one of the bunch that were in the Primaries, had they won the nomination. The timing of the 11 year old audio was no accident. Members of the Republican party are acting like chickenshits. Thune, Ryan, Sasse, et al, sorry asses planning to give the country to the Clintons.

Traveler said:
Silver said:
I guarantee the media will come up with BS on any Republican candidate and run with it, as will they become active participants in debates. They did it to Romney, Bush, and they would have done so to any one of the bunch that were in the Primaries, had they won the nomination. The timing of the 11 year old audio was no accident. Members of the Republican party are acting like chickenshits. Thune, Ryan, Sasse, et al, sorry asses planning to give the country to the Clintons.

I thoroughly agree. It is those of our own party who are acting like idiots. They are prime examples of "cutting off your nose to spite your face." They are a bunch of retards.

Soap I kindly disagree. If Trump said those comments about my wife or daughter,I would knock him on his a$$. And I cant support any man who crosses a line like he did. I applaud the others in the republican party who will not support him or have withdrawn their support. Morals have to count for something! Values have to mean something. Washington DC is the mess it is because 99% of the people back their have forgotten about integrity, honesty, virtue and decency. I have voted for the "lesser of 2 evils" too many times! I will not vote for president, before I vote for either of the candidates put forth by the republicans and democrats. The only way to get this country back is to stop putting up with the BS spewed by both major parties. I refuse to enable either one of the idiots.

Soap, if Trump was your county commissioner, and he said the things he said, would you support him? If he was running for Nebraska state senate, would you vote for him? If he was just some guy in a coffee shop and said that about Sunflower? (I have never met you or your amazing daughter but if I even heard secondhand anyone say that about her, I WOULD DRIVE TO THE SANDHILLS AND STOMP THEM MYSELF)

Any way I try and wrap my brain around it just doesn't fly with me. I am outraged he would say that about ANY WOMAN! If we let him get away with that garbage, then maybe we like garbage a little too much!

Anytime you vote for one of two people, you are voting for "the lesser of two evils." Jesus Christ is the only one who is perfect, and He isn't running for office. All of these people are acting so sanctimonious, but there isn't a single person who doesn't have a few undesirable actions on their resumes. The object of this game is to keep Hillary from becoming president. If she gets in, things will really go to heck in a handbasket. She will nominate some terrible judges to the Supreme Court. She will do all she can to take away our guns, and the provisions of the Second Amendment. We don't need her, and can kiss our wonderful country good-bye if she gets in. Trump is like a doctor with terrible bedside manners. He tells the patient they are fat and need to lose a hundred pounds, and also quit smoking. The patient gets all offended, but realizes that Dr. Trump is telling the truth. The 100 pounds need to come off, and the smoking needs to stop for health to be regained.

Donald Trump is a bit crude, but he is a successful businessman. His closet skeletons are not nearly as bad as those of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Trump knows enough to appoint decent people to high positions. Look at the difference between Pence and Kaine. Trump's VP choice, Pence, has class and dignity. Hillary's VP Kaine has very little class. My own personal favorite of the Republican candidates was Dr. Ben Carson. When he dropped out of the race, he threw his support to Donald Trump. Carson is still supporting Trump, and that resonates well with me. If people insist on not voting for Trump because of their own trumped up principles, Hillary will very easily win. Sometimes we need to use logic to do what is right for the long haul.

I agree with you Soap, while Trump wasn't my first choice and I am only looking from the outside and I think the conservative vote has no choice but to vote for him.
Yes what he has said and probably done doesn't make him the best person but he is the only person in this race that should be given a chance.
Hillary is a criminal and Gary is a pot head.

If you want to get to the bottom of who started the party division over Trump, it was Ted Cruz's lying sorry azz. He took an oath and signed it promising to support the nominee and didn't honor it. That gave a green light to others to follow suit................... If Hillary wins the election, maybe Cruz will die of the drizzly shats......................

Soapweed said:
Anytime you vote for one of two people, you are voting for "the lesser of two evils." Jesus Christ is the only one who is perfect, and He isn't running for office. All of these people are acting so sanctimonious, but there isn't a single person who doesn't have a few undesirable actions on their resumes. The object of this game is to keep Hillary from becoming president. If she gets in, things will really go to heck in a handbasket. She will nominate some terrible judges to the Supreme Court. She will do all she can to take away our guns, and the provisions of the Second Amendment. We don't need her, and can kiss our wonderful country good-bye if she gets in. Trump is like a doctor with terrible bedside manners. He tells the patient they are fat and need to lose a hundred pounds, and also quit smoking. The patient gets all offended, but realizes that Dr. Trump is telling the truth. The 100 pounds need to come off, and the smoking needs to stop for health to be regained.

Donald Trump is a bit crude, but he is a successful businessman. His closet skeletons are not nearly as bad as those of Hillary and Bill Clinton. Trump knows enough to appoint decent people to high positions. Look at the difference between Pence and Kaine. Trump's VP choice, Pence, has class and dignity. Hillary's VP Kaine has very little class. My own personal favorite of the Republican candidates was Dr. Ben Carson. When he dropped out of the race, he threw his support to Donald Trump. Carson is still supporting Trump, and that resonates well with me. If people insist on not voting for Trump because of their own trumped up principles, Hillary will very easily win. Sometimes we need to use logic to do what is right for the long haul.
Exactly! And like you mentioned, the Supreme Court is a very big deal! Letting Hillary win on "principle" makes no sense. I wonder if any of the Republicans in power have been bought and paid for by the Klinton Machine, like some in the FBI. George Soros means business.

Mike said:
If you want to get to the bottom of who started the party division over Trump, it was Ted Cruz's lying sorry azz. He took an oath and signed it promising to support the nominee and didn't honor it. That gave a green light to others to follow suit................... If Hillary wins the election, maybe Cruz will die of the drizzly shats......................

NO! I disliked Donald early on,.. guy is a sleazy crook who uses the law to screw people.

It was not one person not supporting Trump,, it was ALL rumps self inflicted wounds..
Trump has made on gaff after another...

yep the sacrificed more the a pow,, bet that won him votes

attacked a gold star family.. real vote getter that.

Attacked Meagan Kelly for no reason..

Mock a disabled reporter.

the list is to long but the obvious ones are above

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?_r=0

ALL self inflicted wounds.. and he can't debate worth a s----

As bad as Hillery is John McCain might be able to beat her.

If he gets elected I hope he at least honors his Supreme Court justice picks

He was the peoples choice and I respect that. Cruz didn't.

Give us a quote where he attacked a Gold Star Family.

He was the peoples choice and I respect that. Cruz didn't. He's all about himself.

If Trump loses, it will be because the 'Establishment" didn't endorse or back him. I'm sick of the RINO's.

Give us a quote where he attacked a Gold Star Family.

After Hillary gets elected and farmers and rancher have gone the way of coal miners I'll be sure to thank everyone who directly or indirectly helped get her in office.

Soapweed said:

Soap, I guess we will have to disagree this time. Trump isn't a doctor. He is a man running to represent all of us in America as our President. There is a huge difference in having bad bedside manners and having tough love for a patient and the comments he made about women. Who says that stuff? I have never been an angel or as pure as the fresh snow. I had a pretty wild 20 year span. AND NEVER ONCE DID I, OR MY COMPADRES, SAY ANYTHING AS VULGAR AND HORRIBLE AS THE MAN RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!

I am far from being perfect, no candidate is. But what Trump said is simply unacceptable to me. I do not want a man representing me and my family, who is not just crude, but totally without morals. I understand exactly what will happen if Clinton is elected and it scares me to death. But I refuse to vote for Trump and ignore his lack of character. No one but Christ is perfect, I agree with ya there. And I also wanted Dr. Carson as the nominee. But Trump has lost my respect and my vote. And if Pence has all this class, why is he standing beside Trump? You can wear a tuxedo while standing in a hog pen and look pretty good. But you are still standing in a hog pen.

I still wanna know if you'd vote for Trump if he was your county commissioner? I get that the President is a much bigger deal than county commissioner. But how can you let slide such a despicable and vulgar comment about women?

Ned Jr. said:
After Hillary gets elected and farmers and rancher have gone the way of coal miners I'll be sure to thank everyone who directly or indirectly helped get her in office.
I agree 100 percent! Maybe it helps to understand what's at stake if you're a businessman.....or woman. There is never a perfect choice for anything.

I'm sure glad I didn't read this yesterday and ruin a beautiful Monday! Maybe I'll post more about that on another thread rather than spoil the memory by mixing it with politics, tho it is a bit related to politics.

Now, leaning H, I can totally understand and sympathize with your points. Not much gets my ire up worse than someone saying rude, crude profane words! Yet, my very proper English grandmother taught me from my earliest memories that words cannot hurt me. Later 'teachers' taught me that only I can allow those hurtful words to affect me. And my common sense tells me that words may reflect more about the insecurities and failings of the person using them than he/she realizes. Then, too there is the issue of 'forgiveness'. So, where are we with this mess? Between that rock and a hard place, it seems. I do sort of believe those words reflect foolishness, stupidity, crass behavior and worse, and very likely were not reporting actions, but were tales attempting to 'impress' other fools he was with at the time. It is sad to say most of us likely have heard as bad from people around us and certainly such has been reported of some of those 'Frat Boy' incidents and even actual crimes against girls who may have been drunk or drugged at parties. We, as society, have been guilty of not punishing those involved, failing to instruct and insist in following rules those students, both the perpetrators and their 'victims'. So, where does that leave us now?

We have a truly criminal, possibly evil, woman running for the presidency, against a clearly selfish, often foolish, short tempered man, and neither is a good candidate......so with a two party government, imperfect as it has been in recent years, that seems to me our ONLY buffer between evil (Ms. Clinton clearly has compromised our national security, even more clearly has manipulated government for her own financial gain by 'assisting' individuals, even foreign governments via access and manipulation of our laws and govt agencies. She has been involved in assisting Russia to gain access to our Uranium, and even to harm the women her husband sexually abused. That, clearly, imo, is worse than what Trump has said. Even if he had done those things, someone, somewhere, sometime WILL make him pay for those sins.

My daughter, age 50+ is having a terrible time deciding what is the right thing to do in this election, and I've told her that while I sympathize, I believe it is the right thing to vote for the lesser evil and then work to make our Constitutional system of government better so this won't happen again. And, I believe it IS the lesser evil to vote Trump because for one thing, IF he gained his wealth 'unfairly', it was from other 'slick' businessmen who were trying to do the same to Trump, while Hilary stole her wealth by virtually 'selling our country', which is, imo, stealing from all US citizens who had no opportunity nor choice in the matter.

mrj

Latest posts