• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Request

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday. In the past three nights I have had very little sleep, and last night is no exception.

I submitted my capstone project ("thesis") on Thursday for evaluation on Monday. You might think it is great, but the anxiety/nervous to present it to the committee on Monday is rocking my boat, resulting in little sleep.

I care so much about my project, but presenting to the class, strangers, and the committee is making me very nervous. I know that whatever will happen on that day will be God's will, and I have tried to put this anxiety/nervous in his hands... If you have extra minutes while you are praying, would you send me some good energy and peace of mind my way?

I might not know anyone here personally, but I feel like I am among family.

Thank you, for all that you have done for me.

Best,
SB

You sound like my oldest daughter, she way always worrying about how she did on a test or report. The more she worried the better she did. :D

Now my son that was a different story,,,"No worries mate". :shock:

My the peace be with you. :D

Take Care

At this point, Sweet Basil, you have done all you can. You have written your thesis to the best of your ability, and done all the proper pre-mental planning you can muster. Worry is of no use to you, or to anyone else. (Yes, I know that sometimes there is a mighty fine line between "worry" and "proper pre-mental planning," but there is a difference, nonetheless.) Now just relax, read a good book, watch a movie, or go for a walk in the park. Do something completely irrelevant to the project at hand. Give your burdens over to the Good Lord. His shoulders are much broader and stronger than yours or mine. When Monday rolls around, put a big smile on your face, and go for the gusto. The chips will falll where they may. No matter what happens, keep that big smile on your face, and keep on keeping on. As my mother used to say, "Do the best you can, and then just roll with the punches."

Big Muddy rancher said:
You sound like my oldest daughter, she way always worrying about how she did on a test or report. The more she worried the better she did. :D

Now my son that was a different story,,,"No worries mate". :shock:

My the peace be with you. :D

Take Care

I am so glad my last exam was last February! It is hard not to experience exam anxiety. Thank you for your good wishes.

Soapweed said:
At this point, Sweet Basil, you have done all you can. You have written your thesis to the best of your ability, and done all the proper pre-mental planning you can muster. Worry is of no use to you, or to anyone else. (Yes, I know that sometimes there is a mighty fine line between "worry" and "proper pre-mental planning," but there is a difference, nonetheless.) Now just relax, read a good book, watch a movie, or go for a walk in the park. Do something completely irrelevant to the project at hand. Give your burdens over to the Good Lord. His shoulders are much broader and stronger than yours or mine. When Monday rolls around, put a big smile on your face, and go for the gusto. The chips will falll where they may. No matter what happens, keep that big smile on your face, and keep on keeping on. As my mother used to say, "Do the best you can, and then just roll with the punches."

"Soapweed",
Thank you so much for sharing this piece of wisdom with me. You are right, I need to go out. I will get to the gym today, so that I can take this worrying energy out of the system. I must say, I am praying to God to be with me today, tomorrow, and Monday.

FH & Katrina,
Thanks for being there for me along the way. I appreaciate all of your good wishes and prayers.

May God bless both of you always!

SB

Quick update....

I survived the presentation of my capstone project today! I had a knot in my stomach before my presentation, but I gave a prayer and put everything in God's hands as I entered the classroom. I am so glad that it is over, and that the changes that I need to make for the final version are not major.

Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes and prayers!

sweetbasil said:
Quick update....

I survived the presentation of my capstone project today! I had a knot in my stomach before my presentation, but I gave a prayer and put everything in God's hands as I entered the classroom. I am so glad that it is over, and that the changes that I need to make for the final version are not major.

That's great! Congratulations! Having been through that experience I know how stressful it can be.

WVGenetics said:
sweetbasil said:
Quick update....

That's great! Congratulations! Having been through that experience I know how stressful it can be.

Hi "WVGenetics",

Yes, it has been a period with a good amount of stress...
Thanks for checking in... :)

Latest posts