• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

reriding after round up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
no 4 wleelers up here,there was some down on the roads trying to hunt elk though..
wish my old 35mm was fixed, and should of taken the camra with me yesterday. Took these pictures when got thru yesterday.
would say the moutain raise around 2000 to 2500 feet above the meadow in the for ground, some of the slopes are 60 to 90 degrees. Plus there no pic of trailing thru timber down fall , aspen , steep side hills, seeps and bogs.
932b155e.jpg

this moutain when we saw cows on top of the next
watercanyon.jpg

when we got here there was a narrow canyon and more cows on the next ridge.
jensenallotment.jpg

so it goes from the right ridge to the first on the left then the ridge behind that one , didn't get ontop of on on the far left yesterday.

That is some very nice looking country jody. Do you get near the snow in the meadows as there gets to be up on top? I remember you saying that is a snow country. I bet the summers make up for it. I can just about smell the aspen and pine. And I like the part about no 4 wheelers the best. :wink:

about everybody used to use a team and sleigh to feed with as the snow on the valley floor is usually 25 to 30 inches, but have seen years it got up to 60 inches and stays most all winter.
few guys load big bales (square or rounds) onto sleighs with a tractor then feed with a team... but there are alot of 4 wheel drive tractors and round bale unrollers ot spike spinners. Trick is feed the farthes stackyard out first and to keep the tractor up on the snow road.Snow will stand on a fence post and even wire here hardly ever any wind.

Latest posts