• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

rick perry and charles rangel campaigning together

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flounder

Reaction score
Surprise guest crashes Rick Perry's Manhattan appearance

Posted on September 19, 2011 at 7:23 pm by Alexandra Jaffe in Campaign 2012, Gov. Rick Perry

In true New York fashion, Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., stole some of Gov. Rick Perry's thunder today when he dropped in on reporters waiting outside a restaurant for the GOP presidential candidate to appear, CBS News reports.

Grinning, Rangel politely told reporters that he had stopped by to check out the "distinguished guest" visiting northern Manhattan.

He had heard "one of the community leaders had invited a distinguished guest – to my city and specifically to my congressional district," he told reporters. He added that he thought the GOP field of presidential candidates was weak, and that Perry could only help Obama in the general election.

"I think he's the best thing going for President Obama, but I'm a Democrat," Rangel said.

Perry visited the neighborhood on his tour throughout New York City today, meeting with Hispanic community leaders to discuss their concerns about his race for the presidency. Rangel said he was there for the same reason as reporters: to figure out what a Republican presidential candidate was doing in a district that was overwhelmingly in favor of Obama in 2008.

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/09/surprise-guest-crashes-rick-perrys-harlem-appearance/

There is a story going around that acuses Perry of killing thousands of insects. He hits them with his windshield while driving at night. I also heard that he once accidentally ran over a rattle snake.

You ought to call PETA and give them this scoop.

Rangel is a convicted Tax Cheat himself:

The reason the Ethics Committee did anything against Rangel is because of the constant stream of news coverage, much of it generated by NLPC's repeated discovery of wrongdoing. Against the backdrop of Pelosi's promises to "drain the swamp," the Ethics Committee could not simply punt. Our key ally was Rangel whose often buffoonish defense of his actions, and his refusal to go quietly, gave the Committee no choice but to put Rangel on trial and seek his censure.

If any other citizen were the subject of newspaper articles about a 17-year failure to pay taxes on income in a foreign country, they most certainly would be the subject of a criminal investigation and prosecution. Authorities would also seek to establish whether that citizen maintained offshore bank accounts or other assets. Attorney General Eric Holder must drop his apparent policy of preferential treatment for members of Congress and prosecute tax-cheat Rangel.

Rangel said he was there for the same reason as reporters: to figure out what a Republican presidential candidate was doing in a district that was overwhelmingly in favor of Obama in 2008.

maybe Rangel should be concerned.,... it seems lately even in districts that overwhelmingly favored liberals before 2010 are now "distancing themselves" from crooked liberal candidates..

Latest posts