• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Riding for a higher purpose

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
This is from last year but I was thinking about it this morning having an online discussion about Jose and his belief in God. He talks about it in this video after his ride. I think what makes him such a great rider is his riding for a higher purpose and that purpose is to give his family a better life than he ever could ranching, struggling to make ends meet in Brazil.

Despite what anyone else believes, what counts is what he believes and it takes him to greater highths than he might have achieved otherwise. His humility is heartwarming and something rarely seen in highly accomplished athletes. He credits God with giving him the 50-point ride, the first perfect score for any rider in pro rodeo bull riding history.

Last edited:
Did you watch the world championship buckle ceremony after the NFR? What Haley Kinsel had to say was much better than any of her runs. She knocked it out of the park with a 20 second speech.

Did you watch the world championship buckle ceremony after the NFR? What Haley Kinsel had to say was much better than any of her runs. She knocked it out of the park with a 20 second speech.
I saw her speech about riding for the fallen female warrior. It is encouraging to see youth show appreciation for those that gave their life for their country. I missed the NFR buckle ceremony.

My point about some of the Brazilians that ride in PBR as opposed to some others, is they do it to rise out of poverty rather than for fame and unneeded fortune. Their belief in God is what gives them that extra push to excel.

"A big part of that drive, Murray says, is that many of the Brazilian riders come from poverty. "To say that some of these guys come from modest means would be the understatement of the year. I don't think most Americans can fathom it." The first Brazilian champion, Adriano Moraes, grew up in a house with dirt floors. Palermo, one of the best Brazilians currently on tour, comes from a town in the Amazon basin called Bujari, where there is one paved road. The home he grew up in didn't have electric lights until 2009. Like many of his countrymen, Palermo was working with livestock on a ranch by age nine. By 14, he was riding full-size bulls; a year later, he was winning modest prizes in local events."

This is from last year but I was thinking about it this morning having an online discussion about Jose and his belief in God. He talks about it in this video after his ride. I think what makes him such a great rider is his riding for a higher purpose and that purpose is to give his family a better life than he ever could ranching, struggling to make ends meet in Brazil.

Despite what anyone else believes, what counts is what he believes and it takes him to greater highths than he might have achieved otherwise. His humility is heartwarming and something rarely seen in highly accomplished athletes. He credits God with giving him the 50-point ride, the first perfect score for any rider in pro rodeo bull riding history.

Your title made me think of the old circuit riders.

I saw her speech about riding for the fallen female warrior. It is encouraging to see youth show appreciation for those that gave their life for their country. I missed the NFR buckle ceremony.

My point about some of the Brazilians that ride in PBR as opposed to some others, is they do it to rise out of poverty rather than for fame and unneeded fortune. Their belief in God is what gives them that extra push to excel.

"A big part of that drive, Murray says, is that many of the Brazilian riders come from poverty. "To say that some of these guys come from modest means would be the understatement of the year. I don't think most Americans can fathom it." The first Brazilian champion, Adriano Moraes, grew up in a house with dirt floors. Palermo, one of the best Brazilians currently on tour, comes from a town in the Amazon basin called Bujari, where there is one paved road. The home he grew up in didn't have electric lights until 2009. Like many of his countrymen, Palermo was working with livestock on a ranch by age nine. By 14, he was riding full-size bulls; a year later, he was winning modest prizes in local events."
Not in the Bible but "man plans and God laughs" meaning without Gods favor or blessing. In the Bible
I think its in James, you do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask ,you do not receive ,because you ask with the wrong motives.

Latest posts