• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rigs...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL

Reaction score
Just curious what kind of riggings everybody rides (I know the suzuki, yamaha, etc. variety, but I was thinking saddles).
We ride a Billy Cook, 1950s F.Eamor, a Kenway K22 and an unnamed variety from somewhere between 1895 and 1906.
I was told once by a pretty good cowhand that if I ever found a Kenway K12 to buy it and never let it go, as that was his only real regret in life...

We have a Ralph Shimon , 2 MJ Savilles a Fallis Balanced ride,Ortho Flex. Eamor 1000, an early 50's Riley McCormick ,a Powder River and a couple of others. I think one is a Hereford Brand.I almost forgot my sons Hunstad Wade.

I have 2 Corrientes with Wade trees. My wife has a custom made Heritage, built on a Wade tree. I love the Corrientes, and they were cheap too. I have roped critters that were bigger then my horse could handle and never had an ounce of trouble with them.

We have a bunch of old original Eamors and a couple new Todd Sloans-they are kind of fancy shmancy so might see the back of a horse much-Ty won two this spring but he put them together and pimped one right out.

I let a couple of saddles by Big Bend saddlery get away from me,kinda regret it now,recently had a couple made by "jeys" in san angelo TX,one heavy work saddle on a will james style and a lighter one Buster welch style,they seem to be pretty fair saddles ....................good luck

PS Has anyone close to ralph Shimon seen his new light weight saddle he is so proud of ?

Troy Richardson custom wade
Jimmy Payne custom mod-association

Cowboys Western Custom Team Roper designed by Trevor Brazile for me
2 Corriente Associations for ranch work
Cowboys Custom Steer Wrestler
Cowboys Custom Calf Roper designed by Roy Cooper
3 Trophy Martin Saddle that sit in my house
2 Running P trophy saddles sitting in my house.
1 Twister Trophy Saddle sitting in my house

2 billy cooks .. 1 used (and abused) for the ranch, the other mainly for the arena. a longhorn bulldogging saddle. and a couple that are collecting dust, i'd have to go look to remember what they are :? . my wife also has 2 billy cooks

McCall Lady Pendleton.

Jake.jpg

1 Custom made by Gail Jerome (well-known saddle maker in W. Montana)
1 Custom made by Earl Twist (mine)
1 Utahan, bought new in 1977
1 Rafter W custom made

The Gail Jerome is the best one. Mr.FH had it made in
1987. He had Gail use the same tree as in the Utahan, as he
like it so much. It's a ProRoper tree. The saddle is so heavy, tho,
that he uses the Utahan when riding young horses.

The Earl Twist has a great ground seat, but it's old enough the
cantle is lower than we like.

Custom made by Ben Swanke on a Wade that I ride all the time now.
Custom made by Pete Ver Beck on a Ellensburg tree that I got when I was 14 and my daughter rides some of the time now.

Wade built by Swanke that has seen some miles.
DSCN8902.jpg

I have an off the rack Modified association tree Court saddle. It's a workhorse that isn't scared to get dirty or even a little blood on it now and then. :D (Packing a buck) I have a really old center-fire rig that is a joy for breaking colts. Once ya get tucked up under the swells on that ol' saddle, your stuck on like super glue. I'll try and post some pictures after work. Somebody needs to start a whole thread just for pictures of saddles we all ride. :D

Dave Pollat saddle. From what I understand this is one of six custom made for Paul Bruegman. Best I've ever had. I'll try to do pics.
L.A.

MyRalphShimonsaddle.jpg

My Ralph Shimon saddle
RalphShimonHANDMADETorringtonWY.jpg

Ralph Shimon HANDMADE Torrington, WY is stamped on the stirrup leather.
I'm proud to say that my old bony leg has nearly worn off the lettering. :roll: :)
PeachssaddlemadebyHarryAdams.jpg

Peach's saddle made by Harry Adams when he had a saddle shop in Valentine, NE. Unfortunately Harry died a few years ago, though he was only in his fifties at the time.
HarryAdamsfromValentineNEmadethissa.jpg

Harry even tooled the back of the cantle, and his stamp is located there.
KosmoKidssaddlemadebyKDNelson.jpg

Kosmo Kid's saddle, made by K.D. Nelson, Carter, SD
KDNelsonMAKERCarterSD.jpg

KD Nelson MAKER Carter, SD

L.A. said:
Dave Pollat saddle. From what I understand this is one of six custom made for Paul Bruegman. Best I've ever had. I'll try to do pics.
L.A.

I'm jealous! I'd love to have a Pollat, my friend rides one, and it's very nice :D . Can't wait for your pics.

Latest posts