• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Riverbend Ranch??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AngusinTexas

Reaction score
I have been reading these boards for quite a while now and decided to register and start posting. I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about Riverbend Ranch in Idaho?

We live next door to one of their ranches. I don't know a lot about them but they do have some really nice cows.

I've a few pictures of their cows on pasture that I've taken over the last year or two.

blkcow4.JPG

lasttransfer_099.jpg

We own several Riverbend females, and have found them to be very good people and friends. Contrary to what Jason posted they are very diligent in seeking and producing a very complete package from pasture to plate. Most if not all of the cattle they sell are carcass driven as opposed to show babies. If you get the chance you should visit with them, you will not be disappointed.

Badlands said:
That bottom cow is dry and has been for quite some time.

She never raised a calf the year that picture was taken.

Dave K.

I think she's a heifer.

I checked the dates on those photos, top one I took October of '05, bottom one was April of last year. The herd that the top cow is in, was just brought back (they stay from fall to early spring), I'd guess they'll be calving in a month or two.

And yes, they are as wide as they look.

Here's some more... (same group the second cow was in)

blkcows06front.jpg

blkcows06rear.jpg

Yeah, those are nice. It's nice to see good black cows. Being black is sure no guarantee of being good, but I do have a thing for black cows. . . .as long as they're good.

Badlands said:

Dave K.

YUP Glad you were the bold one to bring that up. Just got on this thread, looked at that pic, thinking, looks like she's NEVER had a calf

:shock:

I went over and watched their sale this year and wasn't impressed with their cattle at all but to each their own.

If you do a search at AAA, you can see that the Spring (Winter?) calving season starts in early January and peters out by mid-March.

I don't know what that may be saying about the bottom heifer with the picture taken in April.

Sometimes if you sleuth around a little bit, you can find out quite a bit from a distance :wink: .

Badlands

Yes and no. They calve both spring and fall; I mostly see the bred heifers and one large group of spring calvers, which switches with a group of fall calvers in early summer.

The cow in the bottom pic may of NEVER had a calf but that doesn't mean she hasn't produced lots. I'm guessing she's flushed lots of eggs in their ET program.

Thanks for the info. I have seen there website and have read quite a bit about them. I actually know a guy who works there. He started there back during the summer. I just wanted to know what everybody else knew about their operation.

Hanta Yo said:
Badlands said:

Dave K.

YUP Glad you were the bold one to bring that up. Just got on this thread, looked at that pic, thinking, looks like she's NEVER had a calf

:shock:

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!! Not hard to look good when they ain't producing.

Latest posts