• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rodeo Producer Dies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I just heard that longtime rodeo producer/stock contractor Marvin Brookman, Wolf Point Mt. died- been putting on rodeos since back in the 40's I think- Has been the only stock contractor the Wolf Point Wild Horse Stampede ever used...He has been in bad health the last few years- but seldom missed a rodeo...He was 92......

Northern Rancher said:
I only got to go to the Wolf Point Rodeo once but the stock was sure good. Hey OT do you know the infamous Chris Brookman lol.

Oh yeah- I do--I usually see him several times in the fall when he's buying calves- but didn't see him at all this year...

And old Marvin definitely did have a string of broncs- some awful wild...Story is that Dan Mortenson quit going to Brookman rodeos- even the Montana Pro Circuit Finals because of those "wild' horses....

For years they used to trail the horses the thirty or so miles in for the Stampede.....

Well say hi to Chris for me-las time I talked to him he was in the Olive Hotel in Miles City-he actually bought one of my bulls at the Regina Test one year-that's where I met all those Superior guys-you know Roger Nygard too.

Northern Rancher said:
Well say hi to Chris for me-las time I talked to him he was in the Olive Hotel in Miles City-he actually bought one of my bulls at the Regina Test one year-that's where I met all those Superior guys-you know Roger Nygard too.

Went to college with Roger-- See him at some of the brand inspectors meetings and always at the Stampede- except his wife put her foot down on his wild horse racing after a wreck that had his head looking like Frankenstein for awhile.....

About 30 years ago him and I were the only ones at the pay window with tickets for an Exacta payoff at the Miles City Races- paid over $600- big money then..We were talking and the only reason both of us picked the horses we did was they were the only Indian owned- and since both of us come from the Rez....

Small world huh-Roger was first guy I ran into when I went to Wolf Point Rodeo-pretty cool him and Ruby only being born an hour apart that must off been truly a match made inheaven.

Thanks for the info....Marvin Brookman is the grandfather of a long time good friend of mine, I'll have to give her a call...sad news, he has some pretty nice stock... :(

Latest posts