• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Rope Myers...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It was quite impressive too. Nothing like a broken rein on a horse going up in the air to get the heart going. From what I have watched so far, he is the only one that has actually ridden. Everyone else, drops the reins when they start their run. Next week sound interesting!!

I've missed something. Joust like in mid evil times?? Rope Myers the bull dogger??

Carter said:
I've missed something. Joust like in mid evil times?? Rope Myers the bull dogger??

Full Metal Jousting on the History channel

I think Rope is going to get it as one event you need to compete in to qualify for the NFR All Round Buckle. :D :D

LazyWP said:
It was quite impressive too. Nothing like a broken rein on a horse going up in the air to get the heart going. From what I have watched so far, he is the only one that has actually ridden. Everyone else, drops the reins when they start their run. Next week sound interesting!!

Rope's horse was getting hot headed like a barrel horse. I think they gave him some extra miles and quality training time between the practice day and the joust! There was a marked difference in the horse on joust day.

As far as dropping the reins, that is one of the rules. They must drop the reins or be subject to a 5 point penalty. The reason for that is so they don't yank on the horse's mouth if they get un-horsed and forget to let the reins go. In one of the earlier shows,some of the lesser horsemen were having trouble remembering to pick up the reins to stop the horse.

Guess I should have watched more of the show. Didn't know they were to drop the reins. We didn't see the practice day, just the final runs.

LazyWP said:
Guess I should have watched more of the show. Didn't know they were to drop the reins. We didn't see the practice day, just the final runs.

No Lazy WP, you just have better things to be doing than watching these silly TV shows! However, I'll admit that I'm getting hooked on this one. At first I thought it was a joke, but I there is much more to it than I had at originally thought.

Latest posts