• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Round Bale Transport

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hey guys, THANKS A BUNCH. :D

However, I think you aren't understanding how he plans to use the transport (bale mover). Mr.FH wants one that self-loads in the field. This is huge for him. He doesn't want to use his loader tractor to load the bales onto the bale mover. The type he wants has an arm to pick up the bales and load them.

He plans to pull the bale mover with the tractor or pickup. Most likely he'll use the tractor. After the transport loads the bales, he will pull that load of 7 or 8 bales over to a spot in the field where he will unload them, using only the bale transport to load and unload.

Then he will go get 7 or 8 more bales (whatever the transport will hold) and
put them with the first 7 or 8 bales (Kinda like gathering cattle to one spot to work them). He will continue to do this until he has 30 bales in that spot. Up to now the only thing he has used the loader tractor for is to pull the transport (or bale mover) around to the bales in the field to pick them up off the ground. When he gets 30 bales in one spot, he will load those bales on our semi and trailer that is sitting in the field. He will then drive that load of hay to the stack yard. Next he will use another loader tractor to unload the bales in the stack yard. We have only one loader tractor, but our lessee has one. So one will be gathering the bales with the transport and the other one will be waiting in the stackyard. They will then stack the bales on top of each other til they are sold or fed.

Then he will go back and do it all over again.

Hopefully that will give you a better description of what he wants and how he plans to use it. We have always just used the loader tractor to bring the bales to the semi (with a flatbed) and a flatbed tailer which, together can haul 30 bales to the stackyard. It is slow going and he feels it is hard on his tractor. :D He maintains this method will work much better and be faster.

Again thanks for your suggestions, pictures and videos. :D

I'm way tooo cheep to spend 15k on a fancy self loading trailer i'm pulling with loader tractor.

For yrs I picked bales with little john d loader, pulling a trailer. Left the jack down on trailer, would just pick up with the 3 pt and never get off. Load the back last, and unload it first. And with your setup, long as you got aholt of them, might as well put on semi---

:agree: look's to me like your handling them an extra time if you have to relaod them onto a semi...

maybe just need a swamper to move the tractor trailer around the field to the bales instead of bunching them up just to reload them

littlejoe said:
I'm way tooo cheep to spend 15k on a fancy self loading trailer i'm pulling with loader tractor.

For yrs I picked bales with little john d loader, pulling a trailer. Left the jack down on trailer, would just pick up with the 3 pt and never get off. Load the back last, and unload it first. And with your setup, long as you got aholt of them, might as well put on semi---

You might be cheap, but we are old. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our banker says, "you can't be too thin, too rich, or have too many trailers." :wink:

Actually, we are trying to buy some things ranchers might want so we can have one heck uva retirement sale someday! Always pays to think ahead! :p :wink: :lol: :lol:

hayguy said:
:agree: look's to me like your handling them an extra time if you have to relaod them onto a semi...

maybe just need a swamper to move the tractor trailer around the field to the bales instead of bunching them up just to reload them**

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

But thanks for your concern. :D

**See post before this one, :D

Latest posts