• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ROWELL SADDLE

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cat dancing

Reaction score
Does anyone out there remember the well-known saddle making family "Rowell" - they had a store in the Calif. Bay Area (believe it was Newark). The saddle shop no longer exists, but the last time I was in California they still put on the Rowell Ranch Rodeo.

I purchased a Rowell show saddle several years ago and wondered if anyone knew anything about the market for these saddles.
cat dancing

My on of my best saddles is a Rowell (out of Hayward) (Store down stairs leather shop and Dialbo Silver Shop up stairs) I ride it at big doings and it sits in my office the rest of the time - been to many events at the Rowell Ranch (Now) Park. At one time I had a pair of them - One for Good use and One for show - but someone desided they needed them more than I :(

The one I have - I lent a guy a $100 Bucks (for a month) and held the saddle for security - 5 years later he got mad when I would not give it back for that $100 (Of course ths saddle had triples in price)

Price Now - (???) I have Saddles, Bits, Guns, Tack... that are not "money" to me My kids will get them - in fact i've alweady given V_Key everything I have.

for Old Dog - thanks for the comments on Rowell. I see you are from San Martin - my old hometown. I actually moved up here from Morgan Hill (after living my whole life there) about 8 years ago. Too many people down there!!! My name is Judy Erickson and I was wondering if I knew you.

I love your art work

What part of MH did you live in?

Whats your age []
20's,(I might be your Dad)
30's,(I could still be Dad)
40's,(Well I dd start young)
50's,(You getting Close)
60's,(I Like to THINK I could handle that)
70's (Rich?)
80's or 90's (like younger men?) :shock: :lol:

OD/NT,

I have met Judy. To answer your question, whatever age she is, she holds it pretty well. She is a classy mannered person as well. Good hand with a brush, sounds like she can do the work she paints as well,

PPRM

I had a Rowell roping saddle with apple horn for over 20 years... bought it used in Norco CA had it shipped to Paris, Texas where I live, I practically lived in that saddle...loved it but outgrew the smaller seat so I traded it in about 10 yrs back ...it is indeed a well built saddle
it survived being drug under a horse's belly with minor cosmetic dings and scratches.
saw it just the other day, a friend of mine bought it from a charity auction
needs some tender loving care but still rideable she was going to trade it in but when i told her about the history, she decided to do some research and check its value

Rowell Saddle Shop (where they made saddles) was in Hayward - there was a Silver Smith up stairs (dam can't think of the name) but my friend "Vic Vasques" worked there in his early days (late 60's) - he made a Buckle for my (then) wife from a photo she had - it has been copied many times.
Buckle

Won't Print
http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/3306/ppuser/443

Yes, they still have the Rowell Ranch Rodeo!

Latest posts