• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

S&S Trailers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

mtn_90

Reaction score
Any one ever heard of them? I think I got the name right -- it was told to me over a cell phone connection. The year of it is 1987, so it's an older model... I googled it and didn't come up with anything.

If any one's ever heard of this trailer, I'd appreciate a little info on it, i.e. quality.......

Thanks. I'd appreciate any input in the next few hours if possible.... I know, short notice, but hopefully someone will come along with something for me soon!

there is an s&s trailer sales in Ness City Kansas, but that is all I know, they just sell trailers as far as I know...they may have built a few too though....

could it be S&H????

I have one, 1981 model--
they are good--
ours is a HEAVY built bugger, minimal maintence through the years.

Lonecowboy said:
could it be S&H????

Very well could be -- it was over a cell phone and reception wasn't that great...thanks for bringing it up!

We have an S&H also. It's the 4 horse slant we used previous to buyin the big trailer we have now with livin quarters.

Well built trailers. Only reason we upgraded was because of the livin quarters factor.

There is a 7 x 24 S & S gn stocktrailer by Wishek, ND for $5000.

I believe the S&S trailer was built at Naper Nebraska during the 1980's. I don't think they are in business anymore. We had a S&S stock trailer here at one time.

I believe the story goes, there was an ag teacher there who started building trailers.

We have a 1990 S&S gooseneck stock trailer, 7x20'. It has had hard use on the ranch but I think has been as good as any other make. The swinging door on the back has been rebuilt a couple of times and may be a weak point of the trailer but most trailers have problems with rear doors eventually. Hope this helps a little.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
We have an S&H also. It's the 4 horse slant we used previous to buyin the big trailer we have now with livin quarters.

Well built trailers. Only reason we upgraded was because of the livin quarters factor.

I would like to get me a trailer like yours Lilly,sure make these short trips south a lot more pleasurable.
good luck

mt-90, Clarence was right. S&s trailers were made at Naper Neb. They don't make them any more don't know why . They were a well built trailer and reasonable priced. But you didn't break them up, the only thing was they pulled like a plow. Really good for pasture hauling. Hope this helps you out. R. D. :)

HAY MAKER said:

I would like to get me a trailer like yours Lilly,sure make these short trips south a lot more pleasurable.
good luck

Like the S & H? or like the new one with livin quarters? Cuz that S & H is fixin to be for sale. It has a/c, and electric hook up on it. A cowboy shower in the back....bed in the neck.....and a porta potty. It's just not enough room for three people to travel in. Cramped LOL

HAY MAKER said:

good luck

Like the S & H? or like the new one with livin quarters? Cuz that S & H is fixin to be for sale. It has a/c, and electric hook up on it. A cowboy shower in the back....bed in the neck.....and a porta potty. It's just not enough room for three people to travel in. Cramped LOL

The new one you got with quarters,I just started lookin,some of them get a little pricey.
good luck

Thanks to all that replied. The trailer we were going to look at turned out to be an S & S Trailer...built in Iowa. Well built trailer and we ended up bringing it home...we don't need another gooseneck and this will work perfectly. The guy that had it, had it since it was new, only hauled 3 cows, 2 horses, and a couple sheep over the 20 years he owned it...AND he shedded it the entire time. His wife mainly used it to haul her antiques around to shows.....

So, we got a very nice bumper pull trailer for a good price...just the thing we were looking for!! Thanks for all the posts.

Latest posts