• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

S T E E P

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Here's a couple pictures of the country my grandfather ran cows in. My cousin still does today. For perspective, if you were to ride a horse from where I stand with camera to the big ridge to the east, it's about a three or four hour trip. It rough country but it's ours.

0AD965D5-01BD-4041-A6AD-0C7FB3DF5860.jpeg

C11B71A4-12E8-40E1-9992-F98441BBED00.jpeg

Here's a couple pictures of the country my grandfather ran cows in. My cousin still does today. For perspective, if you were to ride a horse from where I stand with camera to the big ridge to the east, it's about a three or four hour trip. It rough country but it's ours.

View attachment 2319

View attachment 2320
Friend up Meeteetse way, ranch was part of the pitchfork, (but then most every ranch up that way were part of the pitchfork at one time). His hired hand, wife and Mother in-law ride horses he covers lot of ground, up and down and long jogs away with a motorcycle.

I finally found the pictures I was searching for. The spring is down the hill from where I took the first picture. Teh pipeline goes out that road. The trough is just passed where the road goes out of sight. The second picture is looking across sinker canyon to the ridge we put the troughs on. The pictured trough is on the upper left side of the picture. The pipeline runs down the ridge to that flat on the right side of the picture where another trough is installed.

P8041559.JPG
P8041553.JPG

I wasn't involved in the installation of the pipeline. Coming down the hill to that last tank is some sort of a pressure reduction thing. I never even looked at it. It was a BLM and conservation district project. The BLM put in the pipe. The district couldn't even get a bid to install the troughs so it became our baby. They bought the materials. Installed 4 new troughs and plumbed in one existing trough. Two half days. The biggest problem was travel time and hauling in their troughs.. Not an easy place to get to.

Latest posts