• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sad Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Karl

Reaction score
Loaded out the uncles dairy herd today. He is quiting after 35 years of milking. It was tough to watch them get on the truck. They were some of the coolest cows. Dont know wheather to be happy or depressed. Sure are gonna miss em. Wont miss getting up a 5 a.m. to help him milk them though :D

I remember the day we sold our dairy herd. That was 16 years ago. It was a bittersweet moment. Those darn cows sure do have personalities a person will remember.

It was over 40 years ago that Dad sold off the milk cows and closed down the dairy part- we were milking about 70 head when we quit...

And I never regretted the day one bit :D - If I never milk another cow ever it will be too soon....Even tho I spent more time with the range cows and horses, I hated that dairy- Constantly tied you down....But it wasn't bad money for 15 years until the govt regs got too strict....

Oldtimer said:
It was over 40 years ago that Dad sold off the milk cows and closed down the dairy part- we were milking about 70 head when we quit...

And I never regretted the day one bit :D - If I never milk another cow ever it will be too soon....Even tho I spent more time with the range cows and horses, I hated that dairy- Constantly tied you down....But it wasn't bad money for 15 years until the govt regs got too strict....[/}

OT you wouldnt know a hard days work if it came up and bit you on the end of the nose :roll:

Karl said:
Loaded out the uncles dairy herd today. He is quiting after 35 years of milking. It was tough to watch them get on the truck. They were some of the coolest cows. Dont know wheather to be happy or depressed. Sure are gonna miss em. Wont miss getting up a 5 a.m. to help him milk them though :D

That's so sad. What are you guys going to do now???

Hanta Yo said:
Karl said:

That's so sad. What are you guys going to do now???

Im still working on a ranch, but him and I and Cuz are trying to get a beef herd going. I tell you what all this free time we got is great, I spend a lot more time at the ranch with the cows. Even had time to haul 2 loads of calves to the salebarn, instead of getting done milking and goin out to do chores because the convoy left too early

Latest posts